Questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
    I think that Matter 2 + Prime 2 is enough to direct corpses, because they're already built for movement from when they were alive. Prime is just filling them up with motive energy.
    I was just going by what the book said (Page 508). It seemed to distinguish corpses and skeletons. Well, you could probably animate a skeleton while it's in a corpse, so the problem is more academic than real.

To make a Golem (of rock, clay, or whatever material) walk around and act, you'd need Matter 3. That's the one that allows the mage to reshape materials, which includes making them dance to your whim. You don't even need to create one ex nihilo, since there's plenty of soil, stone, concrete, and steel lying around, waiting to be exploited to your benefit.
    My bad on the Golem. Yes, you need Matter 3

Concerning insects, it's debatable whether they have minds sophisticated enough to be controlled by, well, Mind. Life might be all that's needed to command them. Ask your Storyteller.
    Actually, my idea was to just make big insect bodies or maybe arachnids. Then have spirits possess these so they can act as spirit-controlled black-widow assassins or something.

Often more important, however, is the ability to alter appearance in a more mundane fashion. Like a Tzimisce, you can change your face, skin color, height, weight, and voice, so you can disguise yourself. Moreover, unlike vampiric powers like Obfuscate, this is a flesh-and-blood transformation, not a mind trick, so you don't need to fight against an opponent's Willpower to fool them.
    This! This I forgot about.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
      Actually, my idea was to just make big insect bodies or maybe arachnids. Then have spirits possess these so they can act as spirit-controlled black-widow assassins or something.
      Indeed, that can be good, as far as it goes. But that sort of thing is Vulgar, and prone to attract attention besides (especially from Progenitors, who will take issue with such tomfooleries). I referred to the ability to control mundane insects that happen to be in the environment (or that you create with Prime). Alter some wasps or common spiders with Life 3 so they carry potent venom, and you can covertly take down most mortal foes. And despite the presence of Night Folk, one must never forget the threat of common folk. If nothing else, it is useful in driving away or distracting individuals, like guards or secretaries.

Comment

My old mage character carried around a probiotic dairy product drink in a spray container and emporarily gave it box jellyfish nematocysts using Life 2.

Comment

Working...
        X