Verbena ritual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbena ritual

Alright, I finnaly decided to play a Verbena character.
    So, I thought about one ritual (I made it).
    The question is: is it possible and what spheres would it require?

Basically, you are channeling a vampire. You constantly use him to lower your difficulty for Arete rolls (like spending quintessence) only thing is that you spend HIS vitae... I thought about like making 2 vampire's blood points = 1 quintessence point... Verbena mages magick is litteraly consuming vampire's magic.
    Is it possible, what spheres I need and at what rank ? I thought about Prime and Correspondence...
    What rules would you apply?

First of all, what kind of backstory does this Verbena have that means they have a vampire who would be ok with this? Most vampire's I'm aware of would probably have something to say about being reduced to some dirt mage's personal periapt.

Now, spheres, you'll definitely need Prime 2 at least to absorb quintessence from the Tass which is the vampire's blood. Prime 3 would probably be better if the blood is inside the vampire and the vampire is willing, and Prime 4 if the vampire is not willing.

You may need a combination of Life and Matter spheres in order to target their blood pool, Matter 1 Life 1 should be enough, though arguably you might need Life 2 and Matter 2 in order to decouple the quintessence from the vampire's blood (since it's no ordinary tass). But that depends on what your ST rules.

Correspondence is required equal to the highest ranked sphere in order to do any of this at a distance, so if you need Prime 4, you'll also need Corr. 4 to match it.

Depending on how your ST rules it, you'd have to get a lot of successes in order to combat things like countermagic (which all Splats seem to get in most crossover rules), and you may be limited by your avatar regarding how much you can absorb into your magic in a single sitting.

Also, prepare to put a big shiny "drain here" target on your neck for trying this.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

I thought about locking him somewhere...
      So Prime 4,Corresponde 4, Life and Matter 1?

What about taking his blood.. That would be a Tass, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Goran. View Post
        I thought about locking him somewhere...
        So Prime 4,Corresponde 4, Life and Matter 1?

What about taking his blood.. That would be a Tass, yes?
        It would be yes.

It would also be suicide.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

I really hope book of secrets includes or updates the ghouled mage rules from blood treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by Saikou View Post

It would be yes.

It would also be suicide.
            Meh. Do you really think they track down what happens to every missing vampire? I mean. They could just get blindsided by a truck one night and not manage to pull themselves up until after the sun comes up and bam. you're hunting a pile of ashes.

Comment

I think just taking the quintessence from the already extracted vampire blood with Prime 2 would be the simplest way of going about it. If you don't want to have to carry the blood around, you can store it somewhere very familiar to you and use Correspondence 2 and Prime 2 to access it. Happy hunting.
              Last edited by Spacecat; 03-29-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
                I think just taking the quintessence from the already extracted vampire blood with Prime 2 would be the simplest way of going about it. If you don't want to have to carry the blood around, you can store it somewhere very familiar to you and use Correspondence 2 and Prime 2 to access it. Happy hunting.
                Enjoy that resonance though

Comment

Roasted Spicy Chana Jhor!

It's to die for!
                  Last edited by Spacecat; 03-29-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
                    I really hope book of secrets includes or updates the ghouled mage rules from blood treachery.
                    I hope they don't. I never liked Blood Treachery's rules. They felt draconian, and reinforced an interpretation of why Embraced mages lose their Avatars that I believe reduces the number of stories that could be told. (If the Avatar simply moves on, rather than being destroyed, it serves the same purpose, while also creating the situation where two incarnations of the same soul are running around simultaneously).

Comment

I'm going to point out that the Verbena are one of the more anti-Vampire Traditions when it comes to the average (Life-focused, wiccan/old gods/new age) member, so a Verbena 'tainting' themself by using the vampire's power to fuel their own requires...a rather unusual Verbena character with an equally unusual Verbena paradigm where this is acceptable or par for the course.

It's a very Hermetic thing to do, though.
                      Last edited by Ambrosia; 03-29-2017, 05:11 AM.

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
                      >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels

Comment

The easiest way is indeed to treat it as some kind of lame tass. Pick a less favorable conversion ratio (2:1 or 3:1) and go have fun with prime 2 for the collected blood, or extracting it via prime 5 or life 3 matter 3.

The main complications are:
                        while stealing back the vitae is nice, it's not all fun and games... it's an energy already tainted to the verbena eye in so many ways. I'd totally include some purification process before that is available.

unwilling targets are a crapshoot. Also automatic fuck you resonance, so not worth it :|

Comment

Don't worry about the resonance. All you have to do is ensure that you consume tass of varied resonances... Let's try a similar thing for Spirits, Werewolves, Demons, Mummies, and Changeling now! (says the bad idea bear)

Comment

You're thinking of resonance as in your signature and the effects on you. I am talking about the resonance of the tass itself and how it, well, resonates with what you want to do.

Like how a resonance of empathy and simpathy is good for healing or sensing emotions.
                            A resonance of fuck you will literally always count as inappropriate for whatever you want to do.

Comment

Well, obviously, you'll want to use your quintessence to cast magick to catch more creatures to suck tass from
                              I think Vampire resonance will be particularly suited for that
                              Gotta catch them all!

Comment

Working...
                              X