How do you think about SPD crossover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think about SPD crossover?

I feel it is ludicrously improbable, makes the Union a bunch of moronic imbeciles, contradicts its core theme, narrative and ambience, vindicates werebeasts and their cosmology, and ultimately ruins the very setting itself.

The very existence of SPD is contaminating MtA. It is a huge, indelible blemish of setting. It is spitting at faces of players.

Any other opinion?
    Last edited by Numinous; 04-06-2017, 10:51 AM.

Originally posted by Numinous View Post
    It is a huge, indelible blemish of setting.
    Indelible how? If you want to ignore it, ignore it.

Comment

Really it depends on how deep you want to go down the cross over hole. I think they handled it rather well in the revised syndicate book.

Comment

I think it works/feels better if you treat it as a Nephandi & Technepandi scheme foremost, rather than the work of Wyrm cultists from Pentex.

Comment

Originally posted by Faradn View Post
          Indelible how? If you want to ignore it, ignore it.
          Because SPD, and by extension, Syndicate-Pentex connection is 'official'. Yes, I could readily ignore it whenever I want. Still, the very setting itself supports 'Wyrm cultists from Pentex' SPD. It also explicitly states Syndicate created Pentex in late 19th to early 20th century.

Since Syndicate-SPD-Pentex thing considered as 'official', even if I(and many others) deny it, that would merely be one of myriad fan-canons. That is the reason why I could not bear, nor admit, veracity of SPD crossover gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Numinous View Post
            Because SPD, and by extension, Syndicate-Pentex connection is 'official'. Yes, I could readily ignore it whenever I want. Still, the very setting itself supports 'Wyrm cultists from Pentex' SPD. It also explicitly states Syndicate created Pentex in late 19th to early 20th century.

Since Syndicate-SPD-Pentex thing considered as 'official', even if I(and many others) deny it, that would merely be one of myriad fan-canons. That is the reason why I could not bear, nor admit, veracity of SPD crossover gate.
            I always figured Syndicate and Pentex split most of this between them.

http://i.imgur.com/pnMMj.jpg

Comment

I've always thought of the Pentex thing as the Technocracy equivalent of a corrupt house; something like House Tremere dialed up to 11 and currently covered up better by the involved parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
                I've always thought of the Pentex thing as the Technocracy equivalent of a corrupt house; something like House Tremere dialed up to 11 and currently covered up better by the involved parties.
                An apt comparison, especially if as part of the explanation of Pentex's size, influence, power and ambitions, you include the machinations of the Syndicate, the Progenitors and the NWO. With or without Technepandi influence.

Comment

I'm eagerly looking forward M20 handling of SPD.

Pray they don't perpetrate same calamity again.

Comment

I have no interest in SPD as a crossover thing, or even as a "blight on the Technocracy" thing. Either reimagine SPD from the ground up in a way that isn't blatantly and irredeemably evil, or excise them from the Technocracy.

That is, I'm OK with the being the option to treat them as "the Syndicate is funding Pentex"; but don't make that the only, or even necessarily the primary, way to use them. Give them something that works without having to tap into Werewolf concepts, and make their corruption (or lack thereof) a function of how much (or little) Technephandic infiltration there is, rather than being a given.

Comment

Working...
                    X