Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

Where does it say this, by the way?
    Nowhere. There is a 5 point merit in Wolves of the Sea which allows a vampire to imitate sorcery in a limited way through runecraft. You still need to buy sorcery paths as normal and unlike the sorcerer you have to carve runes for each casting, which takes time. But there is no general permission for vampires to learn sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by Zennis View Post

First off, vampires can practice hedge magic just like mortals can. It's entirely possible to do so.
      That's not actually true. There are a couple of Merits out there that allow for limited replication of hedge magic abilities, but the only vampires who can freely practice hedge magic are Dhampirs (who are also mentioned to have a particular affinity for it).

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

Where does it say this, by the way? (In Sorcerer, it seems to have been left "entirely up to you as the Storyteller" if any supernaturals can practice Sorcery)
        Wolves of the sea

It's not even an expensive merit!

Comment

Originally posted by Zennis View Post

Wolves of the sea

It's not even an expensive merit!
          Yes, but it's an obscure merit from a different time period with a very focused form of magic.

Comment

It's not a merit I'd expect to be widespread amongst the Tremere. No, I don't buy that the Tremere could work Hedge Magick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
              It's not a merit I'd expect to be widespread amongst the Tremere. No, I don't buy that the Tremere could work Hedge Magick.
              Exactly, some retainers yes because that how the OoH trains it's apprentices until they awaken. The whole hermetic paradigm is based off of the will of the wielder, applying that to the blood is the basis of thaumaturgy.

Comment

They did bring that merit back for Bastet and Kitsune in CB20 (after a fashion).

Now, I still don't see a huge point in it, as it's rarely got anything a Vampire with Thaumurtagy can't already do better and with less XP.

Now Tremere acolytes and ghouls on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                  I wasn't suggesting they could, I was talking about vampires having the ability to work hedge magic, a proposition which was being discussed as potentially impossible.

Thus, I made reference to the fact that it is possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X