Akashic Brotherhood Unique Foci.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akashic Brotherhood Unique Foci.

Hello! Sorry for creating such an useless topic, but I really need help. Can somebody give me Unique Foci examples for an Akashic Brotherhood Character, from Japan? It would preferable give -2 or -3 for Arete rolls. Thank you!

Well, generally any truly irreplaceable item with a Japanese flavor that you can attribute supernatural qualities will probably do.

For example:

Your ancestral katana, entrusted to you by your grandfather
    An amulet made in and blessed at a temple that no longer exists
    The hachimaki headband thing you've worn on every important test you've ever taken since you could remember
    Abe no Seimei's favorite writing brush
    A magatama of unknown natural-looking material that you found at the bottom of a river
    Raijin's Fundoshi
    Your Nafuda plaque which must be mounted in a dojo

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
      Well, generally any truly irreplaceable item with a Japanese flavor that you can attribute supernatural qualities will probably do.

For example:
      The original Byakkoshinken sword used in Gosei Sentai Dairanger? (Yes, I am a dork.)

More seriously, the pillow book you kept in a past life when you were a geisha in the Tokugawa Shogunate.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

The original Byakkoshinken sword used in Gosei Sentai Dairanger? (Yes, I am a dork.)
        Sure. Then try to get the other PCs to do something similar. It'll be awesome.

More seriously, the pillow book you kept in a past life when you were a geisha in the Tokugawa Shogunate.
        That contains the secrets of a rather unusual form of Do?

Comment

Sure. Then try to get the other PCs to do something similar. It'll be awesome.
          There has to be a way to work Gojira into this somehow.

That contains the secrets of a rather unusual form of Do?
          I was thinking more the Shi Rin equivalent of Ars Cupidae.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

There has to be a way to work Gojira into this somehow.
            Mokole ally?

I was thinking more the Shi Rin equivalent of Ars Cupidae.
            Are they mutually exclusive? Can the Shi Rin equivalent of Ars Cupidae be a rather unusual form of Do?

Comment

Mokole ally?
              Etherite pet that got loose.

Are they mutually exclusive? Can the Shi Rin equivalent of Ars Cupidae be a rather unusual form of Do?
              Well, Do pretty much encompasses every aspect of life, so to the Akashics, the "arts of desire" would be just one of the facets of the Eight Fold Path. (Not sure which "limb" it would fall under off the top of my head though.)

Comment

Etherite pet that got loose.
                After the technocracy nuked the Etherite's secret underwater base!
                Only the giant lizard cage was seriously damaged.

Well, Do pretty much encompasses every aspect of life, so to the Akashics, the "arts of desire" would be just one of the facets of the Eight Fold Path. (Not sure which "limb" it would fall under off the top of my head though.)
                LOL. I shall defeat you with my hidden limb style!

Comment

Oh ya, how about your focus unique being this female Japanese high school student who looks-like/is-the-reincarnation-of the princess your samurai-ancestor/past-life served!
                  Last edited by Spacecat; 04-10-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Lmao, thank you for all your replies. I really appreciate.

Comment

Hmm.

A mangaka whose unique foci is the pen given to her by her art school sensei that she used to ink her first published story?

A miko with the antique brush she uses to write out O-mikuji fortunes?

A sukeban of a delinquent biker gang with the leather motorcycle jacket she inherited as leader of her group?

Comment

And one I'm sort of ashamed of not thinking of earlier:
                        ​​The 63rd Hexagram of the I Ching tattoo you received when inducted as a full member of your ninja clan.
                        (Yes, I am a dork.)

Comment

How about an old mask from traditional Noh theater?

Comment

Working...
                          X