Rotes of Life 1-3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotes of Life 1-3

Use your imagination and tell me your most creative ideas for Life sphere.!

On serious note, I need few ideas

Life 2: Alter the cells inside a large fruit to have box jellyfish nematocysts for the duration of 1 day. Carefully make juice. Spray enemies with juice or get them to drink it somehow. The nematocysts vanish after a day.
    Life 2: Find a large simple life form such as a very large squid. Replace the squid ink gland with Golden Orb Weaver Silk Glands. Yank the squid out of water and pester it for as long as you can. It will spray silk that can be made into material that is stronger than kevlar.
    Life 2: Get an Ascomycete fungus (Truffle). Give it the ability to thrive in any soil, grow quickly like bamboo, and sprout multiple truffles. Sell the resulting truffles for profit.
    Life 2: Enchant mollusk to grow sharp flat shells in the shape of a dagger and out of the same material as limpet teeth to make for an extremely sharp, sturdy, and non-metal knife.

Comment

My question would be for what focus/paradigm?

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
        My question would be for what focus/paradigm?
        Just write your ideas. Everything you have.

Comment

Life 1 "life vision". It's the poorman's heat vision. Depending on your paradigm, you'll either "feel" the vibrations of nature, or literally see all life patterns immediately in front of you. If you're in a dark forest, you'll be able to see or sense your way around the trees and any wildelife that wonders by.

Life 1 "How hurt is it?" This allows you to know exactly how many Health Levels something has and is at. Mix with Entropy 1 to see how close to death they are, adding Time 1 to sense an accurate "death clock".

Life 3 "Modesty Scales". This is what happens when a Verbena goes skyclad into the umbra for the first time, but isn't actually all that comfortable with being nude.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

Life 3 - Shapechanging and appearance modification. Alter eye, skin, and hair color. Reshape the face into someone else's, or an original face. Make oneself taller, shorter, thinner, fatter, or alter the overall body shape completely. Modify the shape of the vocal chords, so as to alter the voice. Even without getting animal or plant features involved, this is a powerful application of Life.

Life 3 - Grow the hair out, and command it to move. Suddenly, you've got deadly hair, capable of grappling, striking, or strangling. Might only work for mystic Paradigms, as technomancers will likely see hair as dead, inert Matter, even if it's still attached to the head.

Comment

Life 2: Get an Asian Giant Hornet. Give it Mantis Shrimp or Pistol Shrimp Claws. Give it a boost of whatever hormone makes such creatures highly aggressive. Give it more potent venom or bombardier beetle spray if you like. Cool it down, put it in a paper bag, and leave it in the office of a foe.

Life 3: Give yourself the equivalent of Mantis Shrimp or Pistol Shrimp Claws. Learn Kung Fu.

Life 2: Have all the indoor plants in a house produce hydrogen cyanide like an irritated millipede. If the inhabitants aren't killed by the poison gas, set the place on fire. Hydrogen cyanide is explosive.

Life 3: Use your powers of healing to hide a tiny non-metal metaphysical link for correspondence effects underneath someone's skin... preferably while they are unconscious and unaware.

Life 2: Cause certain crabs to molt so that you can have soft-shelled crab any day of the year.

Comment

Personally, I see Life 2 as being about manipulating a body's autonomous functions, of which healing and harm are only two. While it can't alter anything, it can make the bodies do particular things on command. At Life 3, you can start doing this to other people.

Life 2 - Smoke cigarettes with impunity, by automatically flushing toxins from the body, and repairing the small damages that could lead to medical problems down the road. Better yet, weave this enchantment into a pipe as an Artifact or Talisman, so you don't need to fiddle with separate Instruments every time you want a smoke. Since it's an Artifact or Wonder, it only takes a single success to work.

Life 2 - Cause your body to produce sweat and skin oil in excess, increasing difficulties for others to grapple you. At Life 3, you can force an enemy to sweat until they suffer dehydration.

Life 3 - Brown Note. 'Nuff said. Could work going back up, too.

Life 3 - Give a regular, edible mushroom the poisonous properties of the Death Cap or Destroying Angel. These mushrooms are diabolical, especially since they are not only (very) toxic, but the life-threatening symptoms tend to crop up long after the damage becomes irreparable. Within the first day to two of ingestion, the person is hit by intestinal trouble (diarrhea and vomiting), but which might not be serious enough to warrant an emergency room. Then those symptoms improve, and the next week the victim feels normal. By this point, the person is a dead man walking, as they succumb to intestinal and kidney failure, as well as perhaps cardiac arrest. Treatment is possible if the poisoning is caught quick enough, but results aren't guaranteed. In extreme cases, liver transplants are necessary, which is also not guaranteed to help. There is no antidote, only general treatments.

Seriously, these mushrooms are horrifying. I wouldn't wish such a fate on my worst enemy. Use with discretion.

Comment

Life 1 - By comparing a subject's form with their underlying Pattern, you should be able to see if a creature has shapeshifted. With sufficient successes, they might even be able to determine their true form.

Life 2 - Hungry? Find a tree, and cause it to bear fruit. Potentially, even if the tree normally produces no fruit. Variants might include promoting the growth of mycelia in the soil, sprouting edible mushrooms from the ground. (As pointed out in my previous post, it's prudent to only promote the growth of edible fungi. A simple Life 1 scan will be sufficient to find the right varieties).

(If you're amenable to conjunctional Effects, may I recommend one I invented a while back. Life 2 + Forces 3 to convert sunlight directly into nourishment. Like a tree, you feed upon the rays of the sun, skipping that tedious "food" nonsense).

Life 2 - Kill the bacteria and viruses inside food and drink.

Life 3 - By controlling another's body functions, you can force their limbs into muscle spasms, contracting or loosening muscles as needed. Affect a leg, and it can force them to trip or fall over. Weaken the muscles in the hand, and it can be forced to drop a weapon. With sufficient successes, you can even command the person with a crude form of meat puppetry. Instead of directing them through mind control, it's through body control. True, intricate control may require Life 4, at Storyteller's choice.

Comment

Life 3: Give yourself the ability to regenerate a whole body from a single arm, like a starfish. Make sure this effect is long lasting. Cut your arm off. Wait for your arm to regenerate and a body to regenerate from your arm. Speed the process using healing life magick. Now you have a complete physical copy of yourself that's likely a vegetable or with the mind of an infant.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
                      Life 3: Give yourself the ability to regenerate a whole body from a single arm, like a starfish. Make sure this effect is long lasting. Cut your arm off. Wait for your arm to regenerate and a body to regenerate from your arm. Speed the process using healing life magick. Now you have a complete physical copy of yourself that's likely a vegetable or with the mind of an infant.
                      Technically the severed arm falls under matter as it is not alive just meat.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
                        Technically the severed arm falls under matter as it is not alive just meat.
                        Not quite. As long as the organ or meat is in a state where it could still be preserved and transplanted, it continues to fall under Life. Only when it's dead-dead does it become matter.

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
                        >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post

Not quite. As long as the organ or meat is in a state where it could still be preserved and transplanted, it continues to fall under Life. Only when it's dead-dead does it become matter.
                          In that case if trying to regenerate another body separate from the original pattern is life 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
                            I really see this as trying to rationalize a way around the Life 5 requirement to create life. Now granted it is only creating copies of you but Life 4 would atleast be required to create complex organs and maintian actual life. Even then I'm not sure I'd allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
                              Life 3 - By controlling another's body functions, you can force their limbs into muscle spasms, contracting or loosening muscles as needed. Affect a leg, and it can force them to trip or fall over. Weaken the muscles in the hand, and it can be forced to drop a weapon. With sufficient successes, you can even command the person with a crude form of meat puppetry. Instead of directing them through mind control, it's through body control. True, intricate control may require Life 4, at Storyteller's choice.
                              That's a pretty interesting effect. I always thought about controlling someone else's bosy to make them sleep or give them convulsions, but controlling their muscles is even better. Would it be possible to make them attack someone? Or flee? Or even say something that they don't want to someone. Afterall, everything we do is result of our body motions or chemistry. One can control the lungs, vocal chords tongue and lips to make someone talk exactly what he wants...

Comment

Working...
                              X