Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy or Split? A.k.a. How many successes does X take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy or Split? A.k.a. How many successes does X take?

So here is a question that has bounced back and forth at the table.

A mage with Corr 3, Time 3 wants to give 3 very well known allies 1 additional action per turn for a scene from the safety of the next building over. How many successes does he need on the ritual? If his paradigm would change that number, why?

2 successes for the extra action +1 per person affected beyond the first + correspondence reqs for distance as per chart.

Your ST might require Life 3 as well.

Paradigm will not change the number of successes needed.
    Last edited by Tuch; 04-19-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I am the ST for this game, but I wanted to see the forum consensus.

So 3 allies well known allies from the next building over for 1 additional action for the scene...

That would be (2x 1 action) + (2 for 3 allies) + (1 for Correspondence range) = 5 successes? Nothing for duration for the scene?

Comment

M20 sorta merges duration now a days with the overall effect. I'd personaly rule 1 turn per success so 5 would be 5 turns, more than most combats.

Comment

Well, the duration chart would have a scene be 2 successes, so

(2x 1 action) + (2 for 3 allies) + (1 for Correspondence range) = 5 successes

or?

(2x 1 action) + (2 for 3 allies) + (1 for Correspondence range) + (2 for Scene) = 7 successes

which then raises the question of sustaining vs. locking the effect with Life 3?

Comment

Yeah, but I believe extra actions are 1 turn per success, been a bit since I read that part so I may be wrong.

You would need Life 4 to lock the effect so its not really worth it. Life 3 could be required because depending where you read from it is required to effect living paterns with Correspondence 3. I would require it if there were other targets in the area you didn't want to effect, as in the enemy. If your targets where the only ones in the room I'd let it slide with the idea that your are affecting everyone present

Comment

Working...
            X