Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a bit of help for pregenerated characters (based on characters from app games)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of help for pregenerated characters (based on characters from app games)

So I want to make a few pregenerated characters for mage based off characters from popular app games.

I was thinking Stella from Bubble Witch 3 and Dave from Plants Vs. Zombies.

For Stella I was thinking she's be built as a hermetic with Forces 3 and Matter 3.
    She'd have a rote to fly using her broom using Forces 3
    She'd have a rote (need a name for it) which lets her use a magic wand and any bubble solution to do all manner of stuff you could do with control of matter or forces
    She'd also have a rote to transmute matter in a liquid into ideal bubble solution by mixing it according to some magical recipe
    She's have a black cat familiar
    Maybe she'd have Fae Blood or allies or something (She's helping them in the game or something)
    Not sure what to do about Wilbur.

Then comes Dave...
    How does he work?
    I was thinking Spirit 3 and Life 3
    Then I'd give him some weird plant spirit totem, and some Life 2, Spirit 3 rote that awakens a plant spirit and mutate a plant so that maybe his sunflower spirit can command it or something.
    I'm a bit hazy on that.
    I doubt I want to bother with the Time Traveling talking trailer except maybe as a portable sanctum without the time travel feature... unless I want a retarded wonder built to give me problems.

Also, I need 3 more characters, any suggestions?

Don't know if this counts as an app game, but you could try generating a character in the mold of the protagonist from The Sexy Brutale. I'm only familiar with the first few sections of this puzzle/mystery game about time loops and murder, but there's already plenty to chew on.

The protagonist is Lafcadio Boone, a preacher in the later years of his life, who wakes up in a mansion with a mask on his face. He witnesses one murder of several within the mansion, but is blessed by the "Bloody Girl" with his mask, and a pocket watch that allows him to Groundhog Day things until he can prevent the murders. Along the way, he gains several more masks from the guests he saves, which afford him more abilities. The ones I know of are one that keys him to grandfather clocks around the mansion (the save feature of the game), one that enhances his hearing (letting him to better track people's movements, and allowing him to better eavesdrop on whispered conspiracies), and one that lets him see and interact with ghosts (if combined with magic candles).

So already we've got more than enough to establish a solid beginning character.
    -Lafcadio is a member of the Celestial Chorus
    -His Instruments start with Masks, Candles, Prayers (presumably; he is a silent protagonist), Hand Movements (making the sign of the cross, an action he performs repeatedly throughout the game), Household Objects (the many item puzzles), and his Enchanted Pocket Watch (a Unique Instrument); he's not above also appropriating the tools of other practitioners (like the Fetish of the mansion's resident "Voodoo Princess")
    -He starts with Time 3, Spirit 2, and Forces 1
    -His Avatar takes the form of the "Bloody Girl", assuming she isn't actually a ghost Ally

Comment

It's not an App game but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. It's pretty cool. I really like the concept of this game.

I'm hoping for more well known characters or ones from readily downloadable games though, mostly so I can show the players "this guy/girl" on my phone

Comment

Anyone got anything better than these guys or suggestions for these guys?
        Jake (Subway Surfer)
        Guy Dangerous (Temple Run)
        Robbery Bob
        Cheating Tom
        Angry Gran
        Cooking Mama

Comment

I meant to get back to this thread the other day, but then forgot.

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
          Anyone got anything better than these guys or suggestions for these guys?
          Jake (Subway Surfer)
          Guy Dangerous (Temple Run)
          Robbery Bob
          Cheating Tom
          Angry Gran
          Cooking Mama
          I'm only familiar with one of these games - Cooking Mama - and even then only by cultural osmosis. Not sure how the titular character would translate to a Mage. Maybe a Verbana or Orphan, who uses food as a principle Instrument? I don't have a lot to contribute here.

Comment

On the other hand, if we're not limited to mobile games...might I suggest Overwatch? A vast, vast majority of them could be ported to Mage (it probably wouldn't be allowed for a player character Awakened to be a gorilla or robot). If you want technomancers, that game has them in spades.

If that sounds appealing, I can write up some character builds for the roster.

Comment

Working...
            X