No announcement yet.

1001 Wonders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome ideas here. While I don’t know enough about Ascension to contribute, would any of you mind me converting & translating the items here in the Awakening forums?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
      Awesome ideas here. While I don’t know enough about Ascension to contribute, would any of you mind me converting & translating the items here in the Awakening forums?
      Go ahead, if it pleases you.

Comment

Hello guys, could you help estimate the cost of the tattoo fetish enhancement? Something similar is 2 background pt. Wolf Paw amulet that gives:

Several linked Life 3 Effects allow the amulet’s
        wearer to automatically heal one health level of bashing or
        lethal damage per turn, gain the Merit: Berserker, grow sharp
        claws (damage is Strength +1, lethal), soak lethal and aggravated
        damage, and raise her physical Strength. By rolling the
        amulet’s Arete (difficulty 6) and spending one Quintessence
        point, that wearer gets one dot of Strength per success. This
        Strength lasts until the end of that scene, and features a fantastic
        surge of raw vitality (Arete 5).

wat Would you say fair cost for the following effects? regenerate 1pt health a turn, gain Berserker, soak lethal and aggravated, gain +2 (or+3?) extra actions, distribute successes between Strength and/or Dexterity. Gnosis 8

Comment

Fetishes are tricky, as Forged by Dragon's Fire is deliberately vague about how much they cost. The book leaves it up to the Storyteller to determine cost "according to how valuable he deems the Fetish's power to be" (FbDF p. 34), and also says "unlike other Wonders, it's rare for a Fetish to be ranked higher than 5 points". I would assume the latter refers to the fact that Fetishes only have as much power as the spirit it contains possesses (and is willing/able to lend), which often leads Fetishes to only having one or two powers.

Suffice to say, it's for this reason that I tend not to post many Fetishes on this thread. Figuring out point costs without a solid metric is a headache I usually would rather not deal with.

After checking M20: Book of Secrets, I see that it isn't much help in this regard, either.

If I had to knock together a rough way of determining a Fetish's point value, I'd probably make the point value equal to the Gnosis rating of the item, adjusting up in order to adhere to the idea that a Wonder should be worth as many Background dots as it has Effects it can do. So it's at least a 5 dot Wonder (that's 5 dots, not 5 points; the point value is at least 8, and probably closer to 15 or more).

Comment

64) Cigar Grenade: 6pt Gadget Arete 3 Primal Energy 3

The cigar grenade was invented by a Syndicate rep who decided to invest Currency into his cigar to see what happened. He learned that the cigar became volatile and that he could throw it at enemies, whom would be on the receiving end of a powerful explosion.

System:

Prime 3 allows the cigar to explode, simple as that. The cigar deals aggravated damage.

Comment

Working...
            X