No announcement yet.

Djinn, The Taftani, The Solomonic Code.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djinn, The Taftani, The Solomonic Code.

How'dy folks? I've recently encountered a problem and that's the fact that I can't find any way to create a Djinn's character sheet - all I found are already-made characters (at least in WOD - Mage the Ascension - Lost Paths, including Ah-I-Batin and The Taftani, also about Djinn - if you have any source, please, do tell) and these guys are too OP even for the settlement I RP in. Now, let's be honest guys, who would want this thing in his game: https://imgur.com/a/Bb38D8k ? Conclusion: Is there any way to create a Djinn's character sheet (splitting XP between attributes, knowledges, charms, gnosis, rage, energy, health levels etc) or am I stuck to already made characters?

Anyway, I came here asking for your help regarding this topic, and I also wanted to ask the way the Solomonic Code works, and what a Djinn Binder would require off the Djinn. It does mention that: https://imgur.com/a/jeoEszQ - but also, it is not specific and it does not entirely present the Solomonic Code and its requirements, and so on. (or if it does, I'm a blind fuck and did not notice it)

This is pretty much it. Thank you and sorry for the wasted time.

I recommend the Bygone Bestiary.
    It has chargen rules for “monsters“ even if the spirit stats are missing (they are op anyway) you can build yourself functional spirits.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeper0 View Post
      How'dy folks? I've recently encountered a problem and that's the fact that I can't find any way to create a Djinn's character sheet - all I found are already-made characters (at least in WOD - Mage the Ascension - Lost Paths, including Ah-I-Batin and The Taftani, also about Djinn - if you have any source, please, do tell) and these guys are too OP even for the settlement I RP in. Now, let's be honest guys, who would want this thing in his game: https://imgur.com/a/Bb38D8k ? Conclusion: Is there any way to create a Djinn's character sheet (splitting XP between attributes, knowledges, charms, gnosis, rage, energy, health levels etc) or am I stuck to already made characters?

Anyway, I came here asking for your help regarding this topic, and I also wanted to ask the way the Solomonic Code works, and what a Djinn Binder would require off the Djinn. It does mention that: https://imgur.com/a/jeoEszQ - but also, it is not specific and it does not entirely present the Solomonic Code and its requirements, and so on. (or if it does, I'm a blind fuck and did not notice it)

This is pretty much it. Thank you and sorry for the wasted time.
      M20 lists Djinn as falling under Minions / Lesser Umbrood. There are plenty of them, but they're not exceptionally powerful. If you wanted a rough idea of their power level, look at the M20 appendix for spirit stats, and find an appropriate stat set for a lesser spirit.

As for their general stats, Spirits only have Willpower, Rage, Gnosis and Essence really, so you don't need to give Djinn different Attributes and Abilities typically.

Willpower is their pool for most physical actions, such as dodging and flying and grabbing.

Rage is their pool for damage.

Gnosis is their pool for social and mental rolls, and most Charms.

Essence is both a power source and health levels. They fuel charms with it, but at Essence 0 they fade away, often temporarily. That said, Djinn are quite individual and won't necessarily return intact, their death simply birthing more Djinn. I don't really know enough about the lore behind them.

The only remaining concern is what the spirit knows and doesn't know; a Djinn might have a few dots in Esoterica, Cosmology, Enigmas, Law and Occult each of course. Alternatively you could just use its Gnosis rating for all knowledge rolls, ignoring the "you need to have 1 dot in a Knowledge to attempt a roll" rule.

Comment

This is something I've been meditating on for like 15+ year, I love that Lost Paths book and the Djinn and Taftani have a lot of cool potential. Ultimately though I think the most fun and engaging way to portray the Djinn would be through Fae sources. I would have True Fae Djinn who aren't limit to human stats, and changeling Djnn who are essentially bound into human flesh. I am thinking this would be a consequence of the Shattering they found they can stay in the material world by Anchoring to their Vessel (their hermetically sealed prisons like Lamps and Bottles), they would be Reborn into human flesh but would have their fae souls tied to their vessels like Selkies have their souls tied to their coats.

C20 Changeling Arts are fun and combined with their Unleashings they are an excellent source to represent the Djinn, much more developed then the Minimalist Spirit Rules.

I've thought of their Kiths Divided along the Lines of: Marid, Djinn, Ifrit, Shaitan, Ghul, Djann and possible some others that I may condense. For Instance Shaitan could even be their term for Thallain. Or these Kiths could even be Tribes and essentially treated as houses (if that was the case Shaytan would be a sect and Iblis would be the house).

But C20 rules are fun and they are my best bet at portraying Djinn. Other contenders are Dark Age Fae rules or Demon the Fallen, or just getting involved in making their very own unique powers and rules which would take a lot of time and balancing. But ultimately I see their powers being somewhere along the axis of Fae Arts/ and the Lore Demons and Angels Use/and the Splinters of the Inanimae/Hsien Alchemy.

Others have also just made them a type of Inanimae, with Free Djinn could be Gladlings, while Crofted are those bound to vessels. Spirits of Smokeless fire and all that.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
        X