1000 Rotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 Rotes

Let's play a game! List a rote or two, or as many as you want. Be sure to include what sect(s) can use the rote, as well as the spheres required and a basic description of it's effects. Here's a few examples.

1. The Golem (Lions of Zion) Life 5, Mind 5, Matter 5:

The Lion using this rite takes fresh, unused natural minerals and sculpts a human figure out of it. Then, they invoke the name of Yahweh to awaken the golem while writing Hebrew for Truth on it's head.

2. Portal Gun (New World Order) Correspondence 3:

This Technocratic Procedure requires a small, arm-sized machine which some cyborgs use as a prosthetic. The portal is about the size of a person, and can take you anywhere within line of sight.

Originally posted by Froggo View Post
    Let's play a game! List a rote or two, or as many as you want. Be sure to include what sect(s) can use the rote, as well as the spheres required and a basic description of it's effects. Here's a few examples.

1. The Golem (Lions of Zion) Life 5, Mind 5, Matter 5:

The Lion using this rite takes fresh, unused natural minerals and sculpts a human figure out of it. Then, they invoke the name of Yahweh to awaken the golem while writing Hebrew for Truth on it's head.
    Why would a Golem need Mater 5 or life 5? Those levels are way too high for a Golem, what youre describing is more akin to an entirely new biological life form, not even homunculus needs that much spheres.

Funny fact though, by rules all you need to make a golem closer to the jewish myth is Spirit 3 and Awaken Spirit rotine. Of course the said golem would be quite weak and perhaps even incapable of locomotion at first, but a golem notheless.

Comment

Originally posted by menos125 View Post

Why would a Golem need Mater 5 or life 5? Those levels are way too high for a Golem, what youre describing is more akin to an entirely new biological life form, not even homunculus needs that much spheres.

Funny fact though, by rules all you need to make a golem closer to the jewish myth is Spirit 3 and Awaken Spirit rotine. Of course the said golem would be quite weak and perhaps even incapable of locomotion at first, but a golem notheless.

Life 5 to give the creation life (to create a new life pattern from nothing), Matter 5 to match the life spell and to make the creation permanent until destroyed. Though I can see a Matter 5/Spirit 3 rote as well.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

I am not sure why Matter 5 is required in this case either way - depending on the nature of the artificial body it might well be enough to use Matter 2, especially in the classic tale of the Golem being made of clay.

The permanency of Matter 5 itself is only required for permanent re-shaping of matter without any spell duration. And even then, in this case it's enough to just get 6-7 successes counting towards the duration to make the Golem worthwhile - the permanency that Matter 5 would offer in terms of the shaping kind of becomes obsolete by the fact that the other aspects of teh Golem are still unweavable.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
        cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
        EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

Comment

I don't think there's need in Life. The golem is like a robot - an intellegence inside of unliving but moving body. So it's Mind 5 to create... wel... mind. And Matter 3 for simple body like living armor or Matter 4 for complex mechanisms such as robots.

Comment

3. Trajectory calculations (Correspondence 1, Entropy 1, /Forces 2 or Correspondence 1, Time 1, Forces 1/2): Anyone who has an idea of how to make sniper shots can tell you that there is a lot of maths involved there, but with this rote you can elevate that yo a new level maximizing the reach of any firearm (especially rifles) and even shoting through walls/obstacles. This rote is usually used by technocratich spec-ops and the most adventurous Sons of Ether, but is not unheard of some mages from cabals with more mystical inclinations like Order of Hermes or the Euthanatoi using numerology with the same results.

Effect: Using Correspondence (to know exacly where and how far the objetive is) Time (to know how long the shoot will is) Forces and Entropy (to know the forces that will affect the bullet like gravity, wind speed, etc until the objective) you can make any shot at base difficulty no matter how long it is while is in the possible ballistic trajectory of the weapon with 2 succeses (3 if there is no line of sgiht wit the objective. Aditional succeses can drop the difficulty). Forces 2 can use aditional succeses to add succeses to the shoot or to ignore obstacles maximizing penetration.
            Last edited by Bartimeo; 07-23-2018, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartimeo View Post
              3. Trajectory calculations (Forces 1/2, Correspondence 1, Time 1, Entropy 1): Anyone who has an idea of how to make sniper shots can tell you that there is a lot of maths involved there, but with this rote you can elevate that yo a new level maximizing the reach of any firearm (especially rifles) and even shoting through walls/obstacles. This rote is usually used by technocratich spec-ops and the most adventurous Sons of Ether, but is not unheard of some mages from cabals with more mystical inclinations like Order of Hermes or the Euthanatoi using numerology with the same results.

Effect: Using Correspondence (to know exacly where and how far the objetive is) Time (to know how long the shoot will is) Forces and Entropy (to know the forces that will affect the bullet like gravity, wind speed, etc until the objective) you can make any shot at base difficulty no matter how long it is while is in the possible ballistic trajectory of the weapon with 2 succeses (3 if there is no line of sgiht wit the objective. Aditional succeses can drop the difficulty). Forces 2 can use aditional succeses to add succeses to the shoot or to ignore obstacles maximizing penetration.
              Not only a great root, but also one of the mostrar common. Many of my gunfights are based on this. Nonetheless, I dont use time in this root. We dont even put in Forces If we are talking about making a bullet turn corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Sangros View Post

Not only a great root, but also one of the mostrar common. Many of my gunfights are based on this. Nonetheless, I dont use time in this root. We dont even put in Forces If we are talking about making a bullet turn corners.
                Thanks! ^^

It's true that with Entropy to know "random" variables Time and Forces is a little overkill... I will edit for a Correspondence 1, Entropy 1 OR Correspondence 1, Time 1, Forces 1 (Forces 2 to shoot through walls in both variants)
                Last edited by Bartimeo; 07-23-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X