Ivory Tower Academics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivory Tower Academics!

I just realized something rereading the NWO convention book...the ivory tower is comprised of academics from almost every discipline: Gender Studies to Engineering. I am personally a Classics student so this is probably the group i would have joined if mage was real...However i like many students of the humanities do not have tech skills nor much affinity if at all for the hard sciences...I can talk about elemental theory...which was debunked a long time ago, but that is because i have read aristotle from time to time....

Now my question boys and girls and others of the forum! Any suggestion as to procedures for an enlightened academic without tech skills for the different spheres? Mind is one of the easiest ones so i would like to see procedures(rotes) based in the 8 other spheres

Now I actually want to see mages use Gender Studies as a focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Caedus View Post
      I just realized something rereading the NWO convention book...the ivory tower is comprised of academics from almost every discipline: Gender Studies to Engineering. I am personally a Classics student so this is probably the group i would have joined if mage was real...However i like many students of the humanities do not have tech skills nor much affinity if at all for the hard sciences...I can talk about elemental theory...which was debunked a long time ago, but that is because i have read aristotle from time to time....

Now my question boys and girls and others of the forum! Any suggestion as to procedures for an enlightened academic without tech skills for the different spheres? Mind is one of the easiest ones so i would like to see procedures(rotes) based in the 8 other spheres
      You don't have to be a coder/builder to use experimental tech. I know its probably cheating though but feel you should probably have that option there. Smart drugs you use as a focus, computers built by others while you do "enlightened Data analysis"

Comment

There are lots of ways to incorporate psychological and sociological practices to a paradigm. While most technocrats may get training and education in basic technological practices, most NWO Agents will focus on the spheres of Mind, Entropy and the like. Not Forces, Matter or any of the "solid" stuff.
        The fiction in the Syndicate Revised book has a part where the Agent turns left on a parking lot to find a free space. He justifies this by saying that most people will turn right first and thus the right side of the parking lot will always be full first. This is the very subtle and effective magick a smart Agent of the Technocratic Union will work.

Most procedures I can think of right now will probably have a Mind component. As I am short on time, I will maybe come back later to post some.

Comment

You could use Classics as the basis for a management and resources focus. I mean, it used to be Classics that in a large sense defined someone as a member of the elite.

Maybe you could do a Time 2 Past/Future Sight by drawing on your deep knowledge of Thucydides to predict by analogy? I mean, people do that in real-life.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggo View Post
            Now I actually want to see mages use Gender Studies as a focus.
            Apparently the members of the Gender Studies Collegia are masters schemers according to the NWO book

Comment

Working...
            X