Magical Smithing MtA Revised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Smithing MtA Revised

I was wanting to make a few melee weapons for members of our group but have very low level crafting skills. I do however have force 2 and matter 1 spheres. Based on my knowledge of the spheres I think using these I could find impurities in the metal while forging, remove them, and perfectly control how the weapons were forming. Just wondering what other people though about this. My werewolf friends axe got eaten in our last session

Matter 1 would allow you to sense impurities, and how evenly distributed the metal consistency and structure in the weapon is - but you'd still ened to fix it on your own with the forging tools. Still, it'd make things much much easier.
    Forces 2 not only allow you to see how well distributed and strong the heat is, but also shift it around, which is a massive help during your forging.

With forces 1 and matter 1 you could cast an effect that reduces the difficulty of the forging rolls by up to -3, depending on Arete successes - thus a forging rol that normally would have difficulty 8 could become difficulty 5. The Forces 2 could be rolled as a separete effect and count possibly directly towards the successes gained by the extended forging roll.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
    cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
    EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

Comment

P.s.
      "My werewolf friends axe got eaten in our last session"

What.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
      cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
      EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
        P.s.
        "My werewolf friends axe got eaten in our last session"

What.

Haha its a good story. Our group is currently 2 mages (A mage whos magic revolves around making healing concoctions that he shoots out of a TF2 Medic style pistol he made himself. Me a mage specializing in akashic brotherhood style magic.), a hunter, and a werewolf. We have been fighting an offshoot of the technocracy that are making super cyborg werewolves. The mage creating them is using nanobots that can 1 repair their host(the cyborg werewolf), or 2 eat away non organic matter that it brings back to repair the cyborg parts. It was scary . Anyways My werewolf friend was sprayed with them and it ate away his armor and a very powerful silver axe that was created by his clan and imbued by their spirit magic people. I'm not very familiar with the werewolf book. I felt horrible about it so I wanted to make him a new one. The good ending to the story is not only did my ST like the idea that I wanted to remake this for him but he decided it was a good use of the magic. It is pretty much exactly remade but with a -1 on difficulty rolls. I spent many quintessence and a few willpower. He decided because of that I would always be linked to it and have the ability to scry on it at will . Its been a wild campaign so far!

Edit: Grammar its late
        Last edited by Donavan; 08-12-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X