The 4 pillars of Psionics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    I'd suggest that other groups of Psions might have other pillars like Probability Control (Entropy), Teleportation (Correspondence), or Ectoplasmic Control (certain Aspects of Spirit). Not every psion would have the same pillars. Note: you'll need foundations. Might I suggest Focus, Consciousness Expansion, and Enlightenment.
    Interesting! How does the foundation system hold up when there are more then 4 pillars? I like this idea what are the thoughts?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
      Is this Foundation and Pillars meant to be primarily or only for Technocrat Mages ? Can Technocrats of all five of the Technocracy's Conventions use it, or only some of them ?
      To answer your question, I originally intended this power-set for a sci-fi game that had very little to do with mage the ascension, this system is not necessarily intended for use in a mage game, also, the psi powers of the setting that these powers are intended for are supposed to be quite powerful.

Now that being said, you could use this system for use in a mage the ascension game involving members of the technocracy. It could hypothetically be quite appropriate for a variety of characters, that being said I feel somewhat dubious about the technocracy utilizing this sort of power scheme. I generally feel that the technocracy should ere more towards hyper Tech then Psionics and I also feel that really only the void engineers have the necessary eclecticism to use a power set such as this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zennis View Post
        Now that being said, you could use this system for use in a mage the ascension game involving members of the technocracy. It could hypothetically be quite appropriate for a variety of characters, that being said I feel somewhat dubious about the technocracy utilizing this sort of power scheme. I generally feel that the technocracy should ere more towards hyper Tech then Psionics and I also feel that really only the void engineers have the necessary eclecticism to use a power set such as this one.
        I think that Technocrats of other Conventions than the Void Engineers could use develop and use psionic capabilities. The Technocrats who would be capable of psionics, or capable of researching and developing psionics for use by other Technocrats, would be different in the methods that they would use, and what would their Foci for psionics be ( and possibly those Technocrats would also be different in their assumptions in regards to psionic capabilities) .
        The Progenitors could either use permament alterations of organs and systems in the body that would allow for use and development of psionic capabilities. Or they could use injections, cocktails, and pills that would be used before using of psionics by the Technocrat.
        Iteration-X Technocrats could have mechanical implants that would give them psionic capabilities. Or they could use machines in their labs and machine shops that would give their bodies and minds psionic capabilities for an amount of time after using them ; by for example charging implants ( smaller ones than in the first option ) for an amount of time, or by creating a controllable bio-energy field(s) around and inside their bodies.
        Technocrats of the New World Order and the Syndicate could use rigorous, intricate, and complex mind and body exercises ; or they could ask Technocrats of Iteration-X and the Progenitors for help in regards to developing or using psionics. Or the NWO Technocrats and the Syndicate Technocrats could research and develop their own equivalents of psionic methods and Foci , that would be similar to what I described for the Iteration-X and the Progenitors Conventions.
        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-15-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I could see a Void Engineer, Progenitor and New World Order offshoot that could develop this after embracing Psionics. Maybe they are to be pogromed but they survive long enough for a Technocracy Civil War over the revelation of their infernal infestation. So a new more liberal technocracy opens, maybe instead of conventions they have something more like a Caste/Profession training system. But it could have the Psionics, the Voyagers(Void Engineers), Transhumanists (Psi, Progenitor, It X (hybrids), and the Knights of Avalon.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think that Technocrats using psionics could definitely be a cross-Convention group in the Technocracy, maybe a cross-Convention Methodology ; it does feel appropriate and fitting for it to be this way in regard to this method and Foci.
            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-17-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Interesting! How does the foundation system hold up when there are more then 4 pillars? I like this idea what are the thoughts?
              Foundations would function normally. The Foundation is like Arete, Humanity, Gnosis, or Wisdom. It's about becoming a new stronger better person. The best thing about Foundation as compared to the other systems is that different groups and factions within groups can have distinctive visions about what makes a better person with significant game effects.

As different people would see Psi in profoundly different ways they would seek different ways to pursue psionic mastery. These differing paths would have different consequences and costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

Foundations would function normally. The Foundation is like Arete, Humanity, Gnosis, or Wisdom. It's about becoming a new stronger better person. The best thing about Foundation as compared to the other systems is that different groups and factions within groups can have distinctive visions about what makes a better person with significant game effects.

As different people would see Psi in profoundly different ways they would seek different ways to pursue psionic mastery. These differing paths would have different consequences and costs.
                Three with Astromancer‘s sentiments on this, I feel he’s summed it up pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X