Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mokteshaf al Nour: what is the name of this group in Arabic spelling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alqamar Alaswad View Post
    I guess Sebel-al-Mafouh Whash is meant to represent Sabeel al-(???) Wahsh, "Path or Way of the (Something) Beast".

The only word that sounds similar to Mafouh is mufawwah, مُفَوَّه . The problem is mufawwah means "eloquent", not "voracious".
    Now I'm wondering if it's actually supposed to be about the seductive power of evil; The eloquent beast that can lure the unwary away from the path of righteousness with flattery, promises of power and other lies.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Now I'm wondering if it's actually supposed to be about the seductive power of evil; The eloquent beast that can lure the unwary away from the path of righteousness with flattery, promises of power and other lies.

So it could mean the Path or Way of the Eloquent Beast?

Comment

Originally posted by Alqamar Alaswad View Post

So it could mean the Path or Way of the Eloquent Beast?
        Possibly.

The other option is that its actually a Marauder text that's real title is "The Book of Random Arabic Word Salad".

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
        X