Qlippothic Spheres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qlippothic Spheres

What books, websites, resources would you recommend for learning more about Qlippothic spheres?

1st book of Madness had rules for Qlippothic Entropy and i believe the 2nd (Revised?) edition had rules for all of the Qlippothic Spheres. Infernalism: Path of Screams would have something about them as well i believe. The upcoming M20 book about Nephandi (Book of the Fallen) should have updated rules as well i believe. Also check out the Wiki page here.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
      1st book of Madness had rules for Qlippothic Entropy and i believe the 2nd (Revised?) edition had rules for all of the Qlippothic Spheres. Infernalism: Path of Screams would have something about them as well i believe. The upcoming M20 book about Nephandi (Book of the Fallen) should have updated rules as well i believe. Also check out the Wiki page here.
      Oooh. Is there any information on the release date for Book of the Fallen?

Comment

No release date yet. IIRC Brucato is working on it but at a slower pace due him having a very rough year filled with real-life issues.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Trategos_Sol View Post
          What books, websites, resources would you recommend for learning more about Qlippothic spheres?
          The Dark Ages book " Devil's Due " has the description of the Foundation and Pillars for Mages belonging to the Circle of the Red group. I think that both the Circle of the Red and the group's Foundation and Pillars could be considered to be at least a bit nephandic.
          Last edited by Muad'Dib; 09-12-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

From what I remember there is a reasonable amount of lore and background about Qlippothic spheres in the Book of Madness and a few other sources, but from a game mechanics point of view they work exactly the same as normal spheres, right? So there is no need for extra rules.

Comment

The spheres work the same from a mechanical standpoint but their description of how the work is different, usually destructive.

I remember one example of a Correspondence effect from one of the Books of Madness, I think a teleportation effect, as not seeing the space between 2 points as touching but instead that the effect destroys the space thus eliminating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuch View Post
                The spheres work the same from a mechanical standpoint but their description of how the work is different, usually destructive.

I remember one example of a Correspondence effect from one of the Books of Madness, I think a teleportation effect, as not seeing the space between 2 points as touching but instead that the effect destroys the space thus eliminating it.
                The one other mechanical effect that seemed to be brought up was that for users who worship higher powers they view their magic as clearing a space in reality to make way for the will of their masters. It went on to suggest that this paradigm was more prone to paradox as this kind of magic is outside of the realm of even how other mages do magic.

Comment

In other words, the Spheres aren't Qlippothic; the Focus is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                    In other words, the Spheres aren't Qlippothic; the Focus is.
                    That seems... debatable to me. From what I read in the Book of Madness and others, it seems that Qlippothic magick does have some ontological difference that sets it apart from normal magick, even if you can achieve the same effects and there is no rule difference. Questions of focus and paradigm aside, it makes sense that an inverted Avatar does not work the same as a healthy one.

At very least, I would make Fallen magick have a very distinct resonance - something off, maybe in a very subtle and difficult to detect way, but unmistakable if you manage to read it and know what you are looking for. (I don't know if there are existing rules for such resonance, I tend to treat resonance in a rules-light way and make up things that seem appropriate on the fly.)
                    Last edited by alexendy; 09-15-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

That still fits the notion that it's “merely” a matter of Focus, as Focus begets Resonance — and Quiet; specifically, Morbidity.

To be fair, Book of Madness 1e defined Qlippothic Entropy rank by rank the same way that the Technocratic Sphere variants are defined rank by rank; and it's possible that Book of the Fallen will do the same. If it does, it's further possible that a close reading will reveal subtle differences in what sorts of Effects each rank allows.
                      Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-16-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X