Do is confusing Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do is confusing Me

The M20 book states, "In game terms, you must have at least two dots in limb related Abilities other than Dharmamukti for every dot in Do. Before you can add another dot of Do, you must first add two other dots in limb-related fields. To go, for example, from Do 2 to Do 3, your character would also have to learn at least two dots in one of the Abilities on the sidebar. Ideally, he’ll eventually learn at least one dot in all eight limbs."

My question is, how do I get the dots in the limb related abilities? It doesn't give any indication on how these dots magically appear. Help! What am I missing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

You purchase them with XP, since they're normal Ability dots.

The point is that Do the fighting style, is part of a larger Do the lifestyle, and you can't improve Do the fighting style (dots in the Do trait) without improving other aspects of your skills that relate to Do the lifestyle. Without doing things like increasing your knowledge of medicine, or improving your general physique, or improving your meditation, you can't appreciate the deeper lessons of Do and turn them into better fighting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      You purchase them with XP, since they're normal Ability dots.

The point is that Do the fighting style, is part of a larger Do the lifestyle, and you can't improve Do the fighting style (dots in the Do trait) without improving other aspects of your skills that relate to Do the lifestyle. Without doing things like increasing your knowledge of medicine, or improving your general physique, or improving your meditation, you can't appreciate the deeper lessons of Do and turn them into better fighting skills.
      So, you're saying that if I increase the related ability then I increase the related limb? I understand the reasoning behind it but I'm looking for the actual rules on purchasing the dots in the limb abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post

So, you're saying that if I increase the related ability then I increase the related limb? I understand the reasoning behind it but I'm looking for the actual rules on purchasing the dots in the limb abilities.
        Page 428 tells you about the eight limbs of Do, and what their associated abilities are.

Now, look at page 336, which has a table for how much experience new dots in various Traits cost in experience points, including Abilities. Buy two dots in one of those aforementioned Abilities from the Do section. Congratulations, you have now met the prerequisites to purchase another dot in Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
          Page 428 tells you about the eight limbs of Do, and what their associated abilities are.

Now, look at page 336, which has a table for how much experience new dots in various Traits cost in experience points, including Abilities. Buy two dots in one of those aforementioned Abilities from the Do section. Congratulations, you have now met the prerequisites to purchase another dot in Do.
          Thank you! I wish it was explained that way in the book!

Comment

Working...
          X