Suggestions for some rotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for some rotes

I was wondering how to reproduce some powers I saw in games, comics and so on
    Give me your opinions on the spheres needed for these rotes

1) A rote that ressurrect your body after your death

2)A rote to devour the minds and the experiences of other people

3) A rote to know when and where your name has been spoken

4) A rote to know recognize truth from lies without using mind read

5) A rote to be always in time

6) A rote to transfer your consciousness on the internet

7) A rote to always know where to go to find what you desire

8) A rote to add, or remove, a news from the media or from a database

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
    I was wondering how to reproduce some powers I saw in games, comics and so on
    Give me your opinions on the spheres needed for these rotes

As an added challenge, I am not going to look at HDYDT for advice. This will be pure sphere interpretation.
    1) A rote that ressurrect your body after your death

This requires turning your body from a matter pattern back into a life pattern at the point of death.

For the transformation you need Matter and Life. As this is a transformation, Life 4 minimum would be required. The level of matter would depend on how damaged the body becomes. at the point of death could be a simple Matter 2 since not much has changed. If there's a great deal of decay, however, this may go up to Matter 4 to make very specific changes.

This is a contingency effect, therefore we require Time 4. Entropy 1 would also be required for the contingency effect to contain the "after death" clause.

So, that's Life 4, Matter 2-4, Time 4, Entropy 1 for the bare minimum of post death ressurrection.

If you wanted to preserve your memories then Mind 4 would be necessary to carry them across. If you wanted to keep your avatar then Prime and Spirit would be necessary. Spirit 4 and Prime 4 should be sufficient, since Spirit 4 is needed for stuffing spirits into things, and Prime 4 is required for moving around large dollops of quintesence around. But an argument can be made for requiring Spirit 5 or Prime 5 for especially powerful avatars.

So at the extreme end, that's Life 4, Matter 2-4, Time 4, Entropy 1, Mind 4 Spirit 4-5, Prime 4-5

2)A rote to devour the minds and the experiences of other people

Mind 5 would be required to rend one's mind from their target's body. For the devouring part, that depends on how you mean. If you mean literally to eat it, then probably a combination of Matter 2 and Life 2 to turn it into something edible. To turn it into quintessence you would need Prime 4, as that is what is needed to rend quintesence from life patterns.
    3) A rote to know when and where your name has been spoken

Without a doubt, Corr. Time and Entropy will be a core component of this spell. Corr for the where, Time for the when, and Entropy for the event of your name. Since this is all sensory stuff, I'd say 1 rank in each would suffice for such a spell

4) A rote to know recognize truth from lies without using mind read

Entropy 1 would allow that. Ring of Truth is a pretty standard rote. I'd argue how this works depends on paradigm more than anything, but I've decided to keep complications like paradigm to a minimum with something as general as these questions.
    5) A rote to be always in time

That's just straight up Time 1's Perfect Time rote.
    6) A rote to transfer your consciousness on the internet

You've got two options for that one. The first is going all Digital Web 2.0, grabbing some VR goggles and using Corr 2 to get online, the second is a form of astral projection, meaning it requires Mind 4. Arguably you could also do it with Spirit 3 and find the back door entrance to the internet via the spirit realm, but that would be a really roundabout way of doing it.
    7) A rote to always know where to go to find what you desire

Entropy 1 should have you covered for that.
    8) A rote to add, or remove, a news from the media or from a database.

Uh... computer hacking skills? I need a few more details on this one to know exactly what you're asking for.
    Last edited by Saikou; 09-08-2018, 06:28 PM.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running FINALE: Chapter 39: Green Fairy

Comment

Working...
    X