Killing from a Distance - The DA Hermetic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing from a Distance - The DA Hermetic

I know that enough Correspondance+ another Sphere can kill somone pretty easily. Sitting in your sanctum and racking up successes before finally releasing the attack.
    But that about a Hermetic using Dark Ages Mage rules? How would he go about it. Lets say that he's sitting in his sanctum and working on a ritual that will release a shower of lightning bolts on the victim (better stay inside boss). Vires is obviousy required but what else? Can you use the targets ephemeral pattern (Primus) to locate the victim? Is a body sample enough to use Anima? What about if you've used Corona on the target before and bind the spell to the victims mind?

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
    I know that enough Correspondance+ another Sphere can kill somone pretty easily. Sitting in your sanctum and racking up successes before finally releasing the attack.
    I'd argue against the "easy" part. For correspondence effects, it makes sense to me that you'd set difficulty by whichever reality zone had the highest difficulty between where the mage is, and all locations where the effect would take place. So a mage teleporting from sanctum to within a secured building would use difficulty from the building. The same difficulty would apply to try to teleport out. I don't know if there's a more canon ruling but this struck me as fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
      But that about a Hermetic using Dark Ages Mage rules? How would he go about it. Lets say that he's sitting in his sanctum and working on a ritual that will release a shower of lightning bolts on the victim (better stay inside boss). Vires is obviousy required but what else? Can you use the targets ephemeral pattern (Primus) to locate the victim? Is a body sample enough to use Anima? What about if you've used Corona on the target before and bind the spell to the victims mind?

as far as I remember you didn't need extra sphere/pillar to use sympathetic connection in Dark Age Mage. You had to adjust diff./success ratio depending on the quality of Sympathetic Connection you had though. I wouldn't make it too difficult, as distance mysterious deaths were always a staple of darker magics. However, in Dark Ages superstitions should help somewhat against it. not to mention any Awakened tradition had counter-magics pillar and sorcerers/spirits/miracles were more prevalent.
      Last edited by Warpwind; 09-12-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X