Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection between The Labyrinth of the Nephandi and the Labyrinth of the Underworld

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection between The Labyrinth of the Nephandi and the Labyrinth of the Underworld

I thought I recalled a Mage sourcebook that mentioned a technocratic report that connected the Nephandic Labyrinths with the Malfeans Labyrinths. Am I making this up? I've thumbed through all of what I thought were the likely sourcebooks and haven't found anything yet.

Book of Mirrors, page 86 (yeah, not the first book you'd associate with this), looks to be what you're thinking of.

Book of Madness Revised, page 38, reiterates there being a connection between the Labyrinths.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
      I thought I recalled a Mage sourcebook that mentioned a technocratic report that connected the Nephandic Labyrinths with the Malfeans Labyrinths. Am I making this up? I've thumbed through all of what I thought were the likely sourcebooks and haven't found anything yet.
      Nephandic Labyrinths it's how they call a reasonably potent Chantry (usually connected to the Umbra). A Labyrinth doesn't need to be connected in any way with the Underworld. But it is possible?...certainly it is. Nephandi are among the most knowledgeable sects about evil places and are known to summon specters (amomg other things). If any mage would make a portal to the Labyrinth in his Chantry, it would be a Nephandi (Malfean Nephandi probably preffer to build portals to Malfeas, but you can always have both I guess)
      Last edited by Aleph; 09-14-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
        Book of Mirrors, page 86 (yeah, not the first book you'd associate with this), looks to be what you're thinking of.
        Thank you. I certainly didn't look there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
          Nephandi (...) are known to summon specters .
          Where is this mentioned, and is this described anywhere in detail ?

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
          If any mage would make a portal to the Labyrinth in his Chantry, it would be a Nephandi
          The W: tO book " Doomslayers: Into the Labyrinth " mentions rare Void Engineers as persons having Labirynth Lore in regards to the Wraiths-related Labyrinth. No mention is made about the Nephandi in the whole book, as far as I remember.
          Last edited by Muad'Dib; 09-14-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
            Where is this mentioned, and is this described anywhere in detail ?
            I think not. That they relate with the underworld, consort with Specters and that their Labyrints often connect with the Labyrint is pretty much stated in the books marin mentioned, and also passingly mentioned elsewhere (For instance, in Dark Reflections: Specters it's suggested that a Nephandy may be colluding with a Malfean - just like that, because of course they would). But it's not explicitly mentioned how they do so. This connection seems to be more of a narrative suggestion than anything else. But then, they tend to be experts in Entropy which helps at getting there and have no fear of dark places, so it's not much of a stretch to think they would know.
            Last edited by Aleph; 09-16-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X