No announcement yet.

Technocracy Archmasters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the definition is possession of a Sphere level above 5. Faraday would have had Forces 6, Turing Data/Correspondence 6 (he was an Archmaster as well according to M20) and Tychoides DimSci 6 if they had ever been statted. Sphere levels above 6 seem to be purely theoretical - even heavy-hitters like Porthos and Voormas only had Forces and Entropy at 6 respectively.

EDIT: Actually looking at the wiki it seems Faraday would have had to have Forces 9 to do what he did:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Forces_(MTAs)

Alter Universal Forces: The mage can manipulate the interaction of the Shenti themselves, devise entire new forces or alter existing Forces to his liking.
    EDIT 2: He's referred to as "the most powerful High Scientist" the Technocracy has known, which implies there were others and gels with him having had Forces 9. Shame it didn't save him from Paradox though ...
    Last edited by Czernobog; 10-15-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Czernobog View Post
      I think the definition is possession of a Sphere level above 5. Faraday would have had Forces 6, Turing Data/Correspondence 6 (he was an Archmaster as well according to M20) and Tychoides DimSci 6 if they had ever been statted. Sphere levels above 6 seem to be purely theoretical - even heavy-hitters like Porthos and Voormas only had Forces and Entropy at 6 respectively.

EDIT: Actually looking at the wiki it seems Faraday would have had to have Forces 9 to do what he did:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Forces_(MTAs)

EDIT 2: He's referred to as "the most powerful High Scientist" the Technocracy has known, which implies there were others and gels with him having had Forces 9. Shame it didn't save him from Paradox though ...
      The definition of Archmage is that you have Lv.6 in any Sphere , I think .

And , Lv.6 Spheres may possible , but to tell the truth , I think Force 9 is very very very overpowerful , I remember you can use it to create Gravity from nothing , not oppose or change , you will be a God anyway... This is an Oracle-level power , but in theory Tech Unions can also have Oracles...

And , how many Oracles ?…
      Last edited by Rock113; 10-15-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
        And , Lv.6 Spheres may possible , but to tell the truth , I think Force 9 is very very very overpowerful , I remember you can use it to create Gravity from nothing , not oppose or change , you will be a God anyway...
        According to his write-up Faraday merged electricity and magnetism, then created the strong and weak nuclear forces. That's what Forces 9 does. The Traditions are very very lucky he's not around anymore.

This is an Oracle-level power , but in theory Tech Unions can also have Oracles...
        Yes, true.

And , how many Oracles ?…
        They seem to be very rare. Dante, the unstoppable Villain Sue from the Hell on Earth scenario, Medea, Akrites Salonikas ... I think that's all of them mentioned.
        Last edited by Czernobog; 10-15-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

According to his write-up Faraday merged electricity and magnetism, then created the strong and weak nuclear forces. That's what Forces 9 does. The Traditions are very very lucky he's not around anymore.

Yes, true.

They seem to be very rare. Dante, the unstoppable Villain Sue from the Hell on Earth scenario, Medea, Akrites Salonikas ... I think that's all of them mentioned.
          I remember Force 6 can also do these .

And , If he truly has Force 9 , he may be one of the most powerful mage in the world ... Even a great threat to Unnamed ... Traditions must cry ... And he could defeat several Antes by himself...

Uh , about Oracle number , I just know Nine Traditions has 9 , every Sphere has one Oracle
          (Not every Tradition , which means one Tradition may have 2 or 3 Oracles ... )And Nephadi has 6 Aswadims , Maruader has one ... maybe every Organization has one Oracle...

What does Dante gain after he became Oracle ?
          Last edited by Rock113; 10-15-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

What does Dante gain after he became Oracle ?
            IIRC he used Correspondence to heal somebody who'd been cut in half, an effect normally restricted to the Life sphere.

Comment

IIRC he used Correspondence to heal somebody who'd been cut in half, an effect normally restricted to the Life sphere.
              Just ... this ? No more Badass advantage he gained ? Like Avatar or Arete 10 or level the Correspondence up or massive Resource ...?

I always think Oracles like Buddha in Buddhist , they have insight into this world , and no fear ...
              Last edited by Rock113; 10-16-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Just ... this ? No more Badass advantage he gained ? Like Avatar or Arete 10 or level the Correspondence up or massive Resource ...?

I always think Oracles like Buddha in Buddhist , they have insight into this world , and no fear ...
                Oracle Dante seem to be everywhere at the same time, all places are alike to him. He is the Rogue Council's messenger after all. Ascension never gets into details on what he can do, but he seems to be really busted.

Comment

Originally posted by History View Post
                  Oracle Dante seem to be everywhere at the same time, all places are alike to him. He is the Rogue Council's messenger after all. Ascension never gets into details on what he can do, but he seems to be really busted.
                  Also a level-up .

PS : Uh , let me think about Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg in TYPE-MOON...

Comment

Yes, true.

I think if Faraday were an Exemplar with 9 dots of Forces, I feel like the he's using the Technocracy as a research tool more than the the Technocracy is using him, but a useful coincidence. It's also interesting to note that if his in-world birthday were actually born in 1791 and the strong nuclear force were discovered in 1935 that means he got there in no more than 134 years which seems super fast.

Aside: I find it interesting when some characters are listed as Arcane 7. That's at the range where you're nearly impossible to remember yet Al-Aswad is almost universally known as recognized. I guess when you're the First Being To Sell Himself to the Outer Dark, things may work differently.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
                      I think if Faraday were an Exemplar with 9 dots of Forces, I feel like the he's using the Technocracy as a research tool more than the the Technocracy is using him, but a useful coincidence. It's also interesting to note that if his in-world birthday were actually born in 1791 and the strong nuclear force were discovered in 1935 that means he got there in no more than 134 years which seems super fast.

Aside: I find it interesting when some characters are listed as Arcane 7. That's at the range where you're nearly impossible to remember yet Al-Aswad is almost universally known as recognized. I guess when you're the First Being To Sell Himself to the Outer Dark, things may work differently.
                      May Al-Aswad chooses to make himself well-known ... to aid his plan ...

And , not offense , to be honest, I still can't imagine a 200+ -year-old mage has Force 9 ... One is as I have
                      said before , Any Lv.9 Sphere is Plot Device , A guy having one of them is the most powerful being in the world , even Antes of Vampire should pay much attention (See Porthos , he is "just" 500+ years old and has "only" one Lv.6 Sphere and no Meths-level Abilities, but he is a"Virtual Oracle" and the most powerful mage in Traditions...).

Another is that Force 9 is very difficult to learn(At least hundreds of years in most conditions , but commonly thousands of years ...) . For example , Aswadims of Nephandi are all more than 2900 years old , but such Badass mages "only" dare to say they all have Arete 7+ , not Sphere 7+ ...
                      Last edited by Rock113; 10-20-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

You don't need Forces 9 to do what Faraday did (or what his write up says he did) as he did just have to create a scientific explanation for his theories so the Union could incorporate it in it's consensus. So he doesn't even have to be an archmage at all.

Actually this makes me think if Archspheres aren't just the effect of heavy, high influence Consensus workings. Grand scale reality hackings can do what Archspheres can do with actually a rather similar amount of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post

Uh , I also think about Al-aswad , does his well-known just come from that he is the First being selling himself to the Outer Darkness ? I guess his over overpowerful may work more ...

Comment

Anyone have headcannon ideas for Techies Control? How many members? How many are Infernal? What did each get for becoming Nephandi? Any Wooden Cyborgs or Math Wizards? Any Newish Members? Do they have any members over 2k year old?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Mind that at the time some of the statted NPC had a rare sphere level 6 (like Porthos), there *were* no Level 9 spheres, game-mechanics wise. Most of those characters are made with the old "6th sphere level = The ArchSphere" system in mind, from the Horizon book.

Which wasn't a bad system. I personally can't decide if I like the 6th-level ArchSphere system from Horizon or the 6-9 system from Masters Of The Art more.
                              In a way, the latter gives more flexible steps to the Archspheres (But clearly NPC-only ones near the end), while the Horizon one is more simple.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                              cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                              EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                                Mind that at the time some of the statted NPC had a rare sphere level 6 (like Porthos), there *were* no Level 9 spheres, game-mechanics wise. Most of those characters are made with the old "6th sphere level = The ArchSphere" system in mind, from the Horizon book.

Which wasn't a bad system. I personally can't decide if I like the 6th-level ArchSphere system from Horizon or the 6-9 system from Masters Of The Art more.
                                In a way, the latter gives more flexible steps to the Archspheres (But clearly NPC-only ones near the end), while the Horizon one is more simple.
                                http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-spheres/page4

The #46 has said a lot about ArchSpheres in Writer's prospective... I think it is available.

They try to avoid thing like "ArchSpheres " at first . The highest Sphere is just Lv.6 until The Horizon : The Stronghold of Hope. Of course , settings changed later .
                                Last edited by Rock113; 10-23-2018, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X