No announcement yet.

Extraordinary Citizens: Where are they?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By that argument, all Trinkets would be Matter; because you always produce a substance when you make one. Instead, define it in terms of what the resulting substance does: for instance, thiotimoline would be made using Time, since its defining property is how it interacts with time.

As I see it, fuels count as Forces because you use them to generate force. Though I could see an argument that fuels are actually a liquid form of Tass that gets used to power a Device (the engine) which in turn generates the force. But if so, they're a surprisingly common kind of Tass, and remarkably limited in application: normally, a mage can grab even inappropriate Tass and use it, albeit at a disadvantage because of its conflicting Resonance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      As I see it, fuels count as Forces because you use them to generate force.
      You are right about this. Though I still have some reservations in regard to this that I will think about and consider later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        By that argument, all Trinkets would be Matter; because you always produce a substance when you make one. Instead, define it in terms of [I]what the resulting substance does: for instance, thiotimoline would be made using Time, since its defining property is how it interacts with time.
        I thought that Trinkets were enhancements (or similar alterations) of existing substances (a Katana +1, so to speak), while to create a substance with supernatural powers you needed Matter 5 (like Antimater, Primium, I don't see why thiotimoline would be different). What does Matter 5 do if you can create supernatural substances w/o it?
        Last edited by Aleph; 11-21-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X