Realm sphere modifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realm sphere modifications

I've seen sphere modifications in various supplements with verbiage like "Life +1" and "Correspondence -2" in the book of Chantries but I don't see it defined there. I think I saw somewhere this applied to sphere access (dots in a sphere go up or down) and not difficulty (magic roll modifiers). Is this outlined anywhere?

Characters are about to spend some quality time in the Deep Umbra! *jazz hands*

The idea is to basically define it's properties in terms of the Spheres. So something like Flatland would have Correspondence -4, because it would have no third dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Czernobog View Post
      The idea is to basically define it's properties in terms of the Spheres. So something like Flatland would have Correspondence -4, because it would have no third dimension.
      Pardon, but what does the -4 mean? Are difficulties increased by 4 (You're missing a dimension! Shit doesn't make sense!), decreased by 4 (there's only 2 dimensions, correspondence is super easy now!), decreased sphere ranking by 4 (to even get your bearings you need to be a master) or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
        Pardon, but what does the -4 mean? Are difficulties increased by 4 (You're missing a dimension! Shit doesn't make sense!), decreased by 4 (there's only 2 dimensions, correspondence is super easy now!), decreased sphere ranking by 4 (to even get your bearings you need to be a master) or something else?
        I would go with either 1) or 3).

Comment

I've seen sphere modifications in various supplements with verbiage like "Life +1" and "Correspondence -2" in the book of Chantries but I don't see it defined there. I think I saw somewhere this applied to sphere access (dots in a sphere go up or down) and not difficulty (magic roll modifiers). Is this outlined anywhere?
          I searched in the Book of Worlds (the place where this language gets used the most), but in the apendix it's clear that they refer to dificulty variations (-2 being a bonus, +2 being a penalty, as usual). There's also stuff about altering successes or forbbiding certain Spheres, but nothing on Sphere level variations.

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think the Digital Web increased your Correspondence in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post

I searched in the Book of Worlds (the place where this language gets used the most), but in the apendix it's clear that they refer to dificulty variations (-2 being a bonus, +2 being a penalty, as usual). There's also stuff about altering successes or forbbiding certain Spheres, but nothing on Sphere level variations.
              I wonder if this changed over time. I don't see mechanically why the Progenitor facility, Research Plantation #4, which has a Life +3 magickal rating would make life _harder_ nor why the Lodge of the Grey Squirrel would be an area where Spirit were +3 harder.

Comment

I wonder if this changed over time. I don't see mechanically why the Progenitor facility, Research Plantation #4, which has a Life +3 magickal rating would make life _harder_ nor why the Lodge of the Grey Squirrel would be an area where Spirit were +3 harder.
                My guess is that this, like a lot of things, changed in the transition from 1e to 2e.

Comment

Originally posted by Czernobog View Post
                  My guess is that this, like a lot of things, changed in the transition from 1e to 2e.
                  That.

Comment

Working...
                  X