Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fates of Canon NPCs experiencing Avatar Storm ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fates of Canon NPCs experiencing Avatar Storm ?

Uh , so we all know Avatar Storm causes serious effects , many powerful elders in Mage society can't return (And to my surprise , this is even mentioned in a Hunter Enemy Book ! ) So what do you know about that Canon NPC's fate after this disaster ? Or you can share your idea about this ...

The vast majority of Technocrats got incorporated into Threat Null.

Tradition mages are less warped, but still got Disembodied and are nothing but Spirits mindlessly repeating the actions of their old lives. Archmasters of Spirit/DimSci might be an exception, since to become one you have to become Disembodied and then turn yoursefl into a human again, per Masters of the Art.

Senex and Voormas survived, but Voormas may not be around any more judging by the extended timeline of M20, which is kinda reliant on his plan failing totally.
    Last edited by Czernobog; 11-09-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Is there a list of Canon NPCs who are destroyed or trapped in Avatar Storm ? I want to know some powerful NPC's fate ... like those guys in Book of Chantries ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
        Is there a list of Canon NPCs who are destroyed or trapped in Avatar Storm ? I want to know some powerful NPC's fate ... like those guys in Book of Chantries ...
        I think The Infinite Tapestry has some info on Realms that were destroyed by the Storm, so it might be there.

Comment

Doissetep mages got blown up with their Chantry before the Storm.

MECHA was lost, and while it's fate it's unknown I think it's higly likely that the Construct it's part of Threat Null now. I doub't the Matriarch it's human enough to exist in Earth without help, and without Earthly Nodes providing protection against Void Adaptation she should have lost the little humanity she had.

Of other luminaries, Doc Eon fate it's unknown but his Acolites trust he will survive (and he does appear in the fiction of ToJ: Ascencion, so there's that.)

Senex has a bunch of refugees in Charon, Gilmore among them (not sure if others get mentioned)

Comment

Porthos becomes the Oracle of Forces and saves the world from the Conflagration

Marianna becomes the Oracle of Time

Archmaster Gentle Mountain dies when he get through the gauntlet and is shredded by the avatar storm; he came back to leave his legacy to Raging Eagle, now a Sifu of the Kannagara.

Cristavao gets killed by the Ascension warrior, his death starts the Conflagration of Doissetep

Lord Gilmore survives the cataclysm and seals Horizon before the collapse; he becomes Primus of House Tytalus and lead them after the worst of the Massasa War

Senex calls back Euthanatos to India; Euthanatos must abbandon their daily strife and struggles to join him in a great project to use Voormas ritual to cleanse the Wheel from the excess of entropy. Only by abbandoning earth they can save the Tellurian.

Theora becomes the herald of Senex.

The house of Helekar is wiped out; member after member they fall at the hands of the assassin sent by the Traditions. Only Voormas survive, taking shelter in Yomi Wan, as a honoured guest of the Yama King Thou Mou, out of the reach of the Traditions. It is hinted that Voormas, now the most powerful archmage in existence, is the author of the awakening of Ravnos in India and is the mastermind behind the Avatar storm. The house itself travels through reality, last time it has been spotted in northern Poland.

Alex Hastings becomes the Oracle of Matter

Ihuanocuatlo of the Dreamspeakers and leader of Vali Shalar becomes the Oracle of Spirit

Marianna of Balador, who shares the same avatar of Akrites, becomes the Oracle of Time

Nightshade becomes the Oracle of Life

Caeron Mustai...this is a hell of a ride...Caeron Mustai is killed by Porthos at Doissetep, then resurrected by Oracle Porthos and the Phoenix, who choose him as a new champion for Ascension. Mustai decide to repent and paving the way for Ascension, is first act is joining the Vrati of the Euthanatos, under the guise of "Iago" and leads the purge of the old House Janissary, preventing them from betraying the Traditions. After the purge he becomes one of the main agent of the Rogue Council, while keeping is role as the leader of the Vrati.

Every mage in at Victoria Station becomes a spirit.

Every Technocrat who is left behind in the Umbra becomes a member of Threat Null.

The Jade Demon survives the storm and is currently the only Akashic Archmage who has contact with Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit
              Every Technocrat who is left behind in the Umbra becomes a member of Threat Null.
              That's heavily implied to be the case for most, but the fate of Void Engineers it's unknown. They just vanished, albeit some voidships were seen coming out from the old COP (now a black hole).

Being the only Technocrats that make a heavy use of DimSci (which includes ways to prevent Void Adaptation at level 5), the ones that knew what would happen after 3 months in deep universe, this is higly suspicious.
              Theories:

*They sucumbed to Void Adaptation but weren't assimilated into Threat Null because that force has it's foundation on Social Conditioning, and the VE routinely break Social Conditioning and replace it with their own. So they've become an independant force, probably akin to the Grays, trough LERMU-ization.

*They're a faction of Treath Null that's yet to be revealed, perhaps even the masterminds behind the force. Seeing what would happen they could have embraced Disembodiment and made an active effort to take control of the nascent force - something plausible because everyone it's an EDE now and they're the ones who have the Sphere that controls EDEs.

*Some managed to survive but they're hiding in another universe. This one it's unlikely because they should have tried to comunicate, but not impossible if the universe it's remote enough (Say, perhaps in a different Everet Volume).

Moon Base fell to the forces that were already attacking it (spirits and fae-like beings, if I remember correctly) soon after the storm, so it's possible that it's members just died.
              Last edited by Aleph; 11-09-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Ah yeah, sorry, that's true, Void Engineers have not been spotted among Threat Null.

Comment

That is broadly correct but IIRC the stuff about the Council members becoming Oracles (and the fate of Caeron Mustai) is from the now-noncanon Ascension scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Czernobog View Post
                    That is broadly correct but IIRC the stuff about the Council members becoming Oracles (and the fate of Caeron Mustai) is from the now-noncanon Ascension scenario.
                    I remember those are from the Ascension Appendix ? ... I remember this is just a optional stuff , not canon , other Endings in Chapters may differ from it ...
                    Last edited by Rock113; 11-09-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
                      The Jade Demon survives the storm and is currently the only Akashic Archmage who has contact with Earth.
                      I remember he is a Akashic barrabi... does he join the Tradition later ? let me check it ...
                      And , how much update in Book of Chantries later ? In my opinion many very old or powerful mages should be updated to Archmages ... ( Ihuanocuatlo and Jade Demon and Mustai may be so , and I think Glarius in Sea of Ash may follow ? Too many ...)
                      Last edited by Rock113; 11-09-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I remember those are from the Ascension Appendix ? ... I remember this is just a optional stuff , not canon , other Endings in Chapters may differ from it ...
                        There are 5 separate scenarios in Ascension, none of which are canon anymore - "Ascension" used to be the canon ending but now the whole Time of Judgement has been retconned/took place in an alternate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Czernobog View Post

There are 5 separate scenarios in Ascension, none of which are canon anymore - "Ascension" used to be the canon ending but now the whole Time of Judgement has been retconned/took place in an alternate universe.
                          I know , you can choose the Ending you want . It's up to you . All ToJ books like this .
                          And , uh , I remember Introduction in 《Ascension 》says that Chapter Ascension is just an optional Ending which is more "official" , not canon .
                          Last edited by Rock113; 11-10-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I know , you can choose the Ending you want . It's up to you . All ToJ books like this .
                            And , uh , I remember Introduction in 《Ascension 》says that Chapter Ascension is just an optional Ending which is more "official" , not canon .
                            True, but it was the only one of them written as an official ending to the metaplot and the line. The other ones just don't make that much sense and only work on their own, not as an actual part of the metaplot.

Comment

Originally posted by History View Post
                              True, but it was the only one of them written as an official ending to the metaplot and the line. The other ones just don't make that much sense and only work on their own, not as an actual part of the metaplot.
                              Not to mention that it had a dedicated novel.

Comment

Working...
                              X