Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Necromantic or death magic paths for Sorcerers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necromantic or death magic paths for Sorcerers?

I wanted to create a 'necromancer' style sorcerer but I've only got Sorcerer Revised. Are there any death magic or necromantic paths in other books that are out there? Or even some home spun stuff I can adapt?

There is a path of sorcery in Frontier secrets for Werewolf the Wild West. It is called Saturnalia and it allows you to summon and command both spirits and ghosts. Also in Dreamspeakers revised there is a whole shamanistic sorceror setup, it has four different paths having to do with the spirit world, while they focus on spirits of the middle umbra it should be fairly easy to convert them to necromantic powers.

Comment

The path of Ephemera (from WoD: Sorcerer, also The Quick & The Dead for Wraith and Liege Lord & Lackey for Dark Ages). Also Summoning Binding & Warding.

There's also the psychic powers, such as Necro-Psi, Psychic Vampirism, and Soul Stealing (the last was in the Kinfolk book for Werewolf IIRC).

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

If all else fails, you can pillage Paths from Vampire's necromancy discipline. I think an old Dark Ages Vampire book advocated as such, though this is more because handling non-vampire Giovanni necromancers would be easier for Vampire players if they reused a familiar system. (Vampire books also advocate using Disciplines and blood sorcery Paths to replicate powers of other supernaturals, not just Sorcerers).

Comment

Thanks Bluecho I was contemplating doing that but your post has decided it for me. I'm going to substitute mana plus willpower for blood points and do a bit of editing but otherwise use the vampire necromancy. Cheers!

Comment

IIRC, the revised Euthanatos book has a section on various forms of death magic and how they can be done with Paths and other abilities.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Oh I didn’t realize/forgot the revised Mage Tradition books had Sorcery in them, they were only splats I missed getting any of. Are the Sorcery rules as good as Sorcerer Revised?

And even better then Vampire Blood Sorcery Mummy Heku is literally taught to mortal cultists as technically it is supposed to be just really potent Sorcery. So Mortals learn it as one dot higher Sorcery Path. And they have an Excellent set of Necromany rituals as well as other Magic’s that have Necromancer Vibes.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Oh I forgot/didn’t realize the Revised Tradition Books has stuff like Sorcery that is actually quite useful! It was the only splatbooks I missed getting one of.

But even better then Vampire Blood Sorcery is Mummy Heku! They literally teach Heku to mortal Cultists. Heku works on the same principle as Sorcery just more advanced and potent so mortals learn it as Sorcery but one step higher levels then Mummies. It has a lot in the Necromancy Heku, but the others have good potential Necromancy Power as well and they are all condensed in one book, well two books if you are a Mummy and want to learn high level powers.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                  IIRC, the revised Euthanatos book has a section on various forms of death magic and how they can be done with Paths and other abilities.
                  Just picked up the Euthanatos Revised book and while it does have a sidebar on Sorcery and a bunch of Rotes it doesn't have anything on creating the same effect via two different methods. Still some very good stuff in there though.

Comment

Working...
                  X