Crossing Over with TORG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing Over with TORG

TORG was an RPG set in a world that was being invaded by outside realities. Various individuals called "High Lords" were trying to become "GOD." Not like the Gods in Mage, more like a being that could give orders to the triat and have them obeyed! The main thing that makes a crossover with Mage an interesting is the idea of World Laws! Basically, each invading realm works in different ways. In Mage Terms, Paradox enforces different rules in each world. And not only against magic, technology, art, and cultural ideas, can also be eroded by the altered realities. Example: In the Cyberpapalcy democracy can be a theory but not a reality.

In each of the invading realms, different magicks would be advantaged or restricted. This would include the Technocracy being severely slammed by paradox in many places. Only the Nephandi would stand by the High Lords.

The Reality Skill would be like Static Magic or Psi, a likely way to either awaken as a Mage or get frozen in place. StormKnights (people with the Reality skill fighting the High Lords are called Storm Knights, those that simply have the Reality skill are Stormers) would be like Magicians, Ghouls, or Kinfolk, a minor Template.

More later...

I'm curious to hear more on your thoughts. It's been a long time since I've looked at the game. I could see the settings having their own consensual reality that is mechanically manifested through the axioms and world laws. I think that you start running into complications with the out in the open nonhuman/oids in the setting. On the other hand, it's easy to play the Bygones and spirit card and not worry about it.

Again! Curious to hear more.

Comment

A world like TORG could be a pessimistic win scenario for the Traditions--or maybe the Marauders. Instead of bringing Awakening to the Masses, some Archmages become so powerful they impose their individual paradigms on whole regions, and strive to expand into the territory left by a largely defeated Technocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Faradn View Post
        A world like TORG could be a pessimistic win scenario for the Traditions--or maybe the Marauders. Instead of bringing Awakening to the Masses, some Archmages become so powerful they impose their individual paradigms on whole regions, and strive to expand into the territory left by a largely defeated Technocracy.

Agreed, the TORG scenario is hellish. But the World of Darkness is deeply hellish. If the Trads stand up and fight successfully they both return to the dominant paradigm and create the conditions to challenge the corruption of the world. If you can push the axioms high enough, the world can heal itself. So if fighting a squad of Nephandic Semi-Oracles is grim, at least the prize is worth the struggle.

Comment

Working...
        X