X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
    Would it also count if the person were the last of a line of some sort? A group of practictioners that died out or left and you're the only remaining one who's stopped actively recruiting like the last practitioner of a particular style of worship or something.
    I think to be considered an Orphan a Mage has to have their her ( or his ) own Paradigm, that she came to separately from other Mages. ( This means that there are no Cabals of Orphan Mages, which would be right, as it seems to be a contradiction. ) I always thought this term means a person more specific than a Mage who isn't in a faction / group / organization of Mages ; a Mage considered an Orphan also has to have some traits and attributes that derive from this fact.
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-15-2019, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Li Hai
    replied
    An idea just popped in my head, based very loosely on Akira or Ronin.

It seems like an exceptionally talented orphan mage would very likely drive themselves insane. So, what about an orphan archmage who goes marauder, and becomes a huge problem that the player characters have to figure out how to deal with? Maybe base the mastered spheres on whatever gnarly scenarios you can dream up. Basically an absurdly superpowered demi-god with a kind of "lost child" persona, who has no real comprehension of the massive damage they do to the world around them.

Leave a comment:

• PhillyCuriosity
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    A lot of the Old School Mythic Witches and Sorcerers and Gods could have been Orphans turned Archmages turned Incarna. Like Lilith.
    Would it also count if the person were the last of a line of some sort? A group of practictioners that died out or left and you're the only remaining one who's stopped actively recruiting like the last practitioner of a particular style of worship or something.

Leave a comment:

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    A lot of the Old School Mythic Witches and Sorcerers and Gods could have been Orphans turned Archmages turned Incarna. Like Lilith.
    If Lilith is being called an Orphan, I think this term needs a more specific definition, so that it will not apply to Lilith. I will try to think about it later ; maybe lacking direction could be one of the criteria for a Mage being an Orphan ? Assuming that Lilith isn't part of any Mage faction, organization, or group, I think she should be called an independent Mage. I think it is more appropriate, and it sounds better.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    Originally posted by TheVarulfen View Post
    Is this about the sole concept or are you trying to come up with a character concept?
    Sure.

And Thanks very much for your advice.

Originally posted by TheVarulfen View Post
    In my game, we have an orphan archmage , but she reached this status in-game and not without help of multiple factions she chose to associate with (mostly Traditions but also a few Disparates and at times parts of the Technocracy, Werewolfs and Vampires). As a ST, I would have your orphan archmage have at least close ties to one faction (one tradition, most probably), even though he never fully joined them.
    So , what Background and Abilities does this guy have ?

Please tell me more details...
    Last edited by Rock113; 01-14-2019, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheVarulfen
    replied
    Is this about the sole concept or are you trying to come up with a character concept?

To become an archmage, an insanely huge amount of study, trial and error is needed. Additionally to all the other hardships a mage has to endure.
    I wouldn't have him as a pure orphan. He's most likely to at least associate with a few factions, even if he stays mostly indipendent.

In my game, we have an orphan archmage, but she reached this status in-game and not without help of multiple factions she chose to associate with (mostly Traditions but also a few Disparates and at times parts of the Technocracy, Werewolfs and Vampires). As a ST, I would have your orphan archmage have at least close ties to one faction (one tradition, most probably), even though he never fully joined them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X