Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gods and Monsters Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gods and Monsters Discussion thread

    This thread is due discussing God's and Monsters, which has just been released to Kickstarter backers. It's not for Errata, but it is for discussing issues that you have with it that don't qualify as Errata.



  • #2
    The animal strengths are terribly done in my opinion. A gorilla has 4 strength and an elephant has 7? Come on, really? Freaking really?
    Gorillas are five times stronger than a human. They should be well beyond 5 strength. Also a bear is stronger than a gorilla for some reason?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by theoutlander523 View Post
      The animal strengths are terribly done in my opinion. A gorilla has 4 strength and an elephant has 7? Come on, really? Freaking really?
      Gorillas are five times stronger than a human. They should be well beyond 5 strength. Also a bear is stronger than a gorilla for some reason?
      ...then go mention it in errata.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it just a normal Gorilla or it's a Gorilla Spirit?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          Is it just a normal Gorilla or it's a Gorilla Spirit?
          Normal gorilla. Also has less health levels than a normal human for some reason.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's a small thing but I hate the format of most of the art, with multiple character all in the same piece. Like, if I want to use one of the characters, I can't show my players a picture without the other characters in the shot.

            I imagine there's quite possibly a cost issue there, but it's still a disappointment.


            Comment


            • #7
              Frankensteinian Monstrosity is everything I ever wanted to see in the World of Darkness. Finally!


              I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by theoutlander523 View Post
                The animal strengths are terribly done in my opinion. A gorilla has 4 strength and an elephant has 7? Come on, really?
                Of note is, that the entry mixes up a few large primates. Not just Gorilla, but also primates like the Orangutan - which definitely more matches along the lines of strength 4.
                So yeah, the problem of the entry isn't that it's too low, but that Gorilla either deserves its separate entry along 'Huge Apes', or it should suggest a scale of 3 - X.


                cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

                Comment


                • #9

                  I applaud the way the section on Igors actually digs into what is going on beneath the stereotype. That said, years of Pratchett have conditioned me to think of Igors as having much more power in that relationship than it first appears. Also, I now want to depict a really snarky Igor who insight and belligerence combine to keep his "master" grounded.


                  Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post
                    I applaud the way the section on Igors actually digs into what is going on beneath the stereotype. That said, years of Pratchett have conditioned me to think of Igors as having much more power in that relationship than it first appears. Also, I now want to depict a really snarky Igor who insight and belligerence combine to keep his "master" grounded.
                    And then it was revealed that the 'Igor' was actually the crazy Etherite, deformed by previous Paradox mishaps, and they had created a whole, unblemished clone of themselves to act as their servant - while nobody's looking.

                    Or you spin it even one step further




                    cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                    cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Intersting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                    EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tiberius....Just saying.

                      https://imgur.com/MIqR9Ow

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Reviewing the Companion Character Creation. And, not surprisingly, Companions are inherently weaker than mages: not only do they not have access to Arete, Spheres, or the Avatar Background (which makes perfect sense, and would be enough in and of itself to leave them “weaker” than mages), but they also have lower Attributes overall, fewer dots for Abilities, fewer Backgrounds, and less Willpower. As I said, I'm not surprised, as the World of Darkness has a long history of doing this. That said, I fully intend to port the “Equal For All” option from Sorcerer Revised into Gods and Monsters.


                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X