An Orphan Archmage...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock113
    Uh to be honest I do want to ask a question: Why do you usually compare Archmages to Vampire Elders?

Sure they are true elders in mage community. But, they are also Ascension War and All Organization Leaders, much like Meths in Jyhad. On the other hand, Archspheres can be equal to Lv.7-9 Disciplines even in the VtM ST Handbook Re., which obviously steer much more to Vampires.

In my opinion, Lv.5 Master is more equal to "Elder", and Lv.6 Archmage should be equal to top elder and Meths, Oracle, of course, it's Antes...
    Yeah, well. I was generalizing about "elders" (Meths are called elders sometimes, with their Ante being "the eldest"). But I think you're right, there may be some gray areas but in general your reasoning it's sound. Nothing to add there.

However, my point was to give them an amount of XP and a few guidelines. I wasn't trying to make a power scaling argument.

In my opinion, hunters are weak, at least in Physics.
    Well, Hunter it's a very "street level" game. Mosters are suposed to be scary for the hunters, that's a general theme that runs trough most Hunter books.
    Last edited by Aleph; 04-25-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post

Yeah, well. I was generalizing about "elders" (Meths are called elders sometimes, with their Ante being "the eldest"). But I think you're right, there may be some gray areas but in general your reasoning it's sound. Nothing to add there.

However, my point was to give them an amount of XP and a few guidelines. I wasn't trying to make a power scaling argument.

Well, Hunter it's a very "street level" game. Mosters are suposed to be scary for the hunters, that's a general theme that runs trough most Hunter books.
      What you say is right, I should discuss this in a more private way, not here. Deflecting theme is improper.

Thanks for your listening.
      Last edited by Rock113; 04-25-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X