No announcement yet.

Technocracy usage of entropy and time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technocracy usage of entropy and time?

Ok.... Um...

I'm new. Sorry.

I've been thinking about entropy. Luck. Future sight.

OK fine. You get a charm for good luck. You drink a drug that opens your mind and let's you see the last. Smoke and mirrors let's you have visions of the future. You get a voodoo doll, get a hair, and start stabbing with a needle. Look into your crystal ball.

So things like luck manipulation, seeing into the future, and other things like that. How does the technocracy do it?

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    Ok.... Um...

I'm new. Sorry.

OK fine. You get a charm for good luck. You drink a drug that opens your mind and let's you see the last. Smoke and mirrors let's you have visions of the future. You get a voodoo doll, get a hair, and start stabbing with a needle. Look into your crystal ball.

So things like luck manipulation, seeing into the future, and other things like that. How does the technocracy do it?
    Weird-ass space-time physics shit that my roommate somehow maths out.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Ok.... Um...

I'm new. Sorry.

Technocrats are likely to run simulations and models to predict future happenings or to investigate nodal points in an emergent system. Luck manipulation can be viewed as either influencing probability landscapes or waiting for critical junctures and acting. Again, simulations, math, and such as well as quite simply "training". In the same way a hand-to-hand combatant can notice opportunities in a brawl, an entropy effect regarding luck can simply be a Procedure where a Technocrat with appropriate training will notice crowd movements and such.

Much of Technocratic magic doesn't obviously look like magick but when the dice start rolling, they're much better equipped than most.

Comment

One of my roommates favorite examples of Technocratic Entropy goes thusly:

A witch casts a spell and curses an facility with all manner of foul luck and manner or rot.
        The technocrat institutes regular safety maintenance, seminars, and makes sure everyone signs waivers to counterspell it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
        X