More immortality rotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More immortality rotes?

Hello everyone! So IIRC there are three more famous immortality rotes in canon.

“Shed the Years” and “Serenity of the Stone” in Masters of the Art and Horizon: the Stronghold of Hope
    “Lichdom” in Dead Magic I

But to be honest they are all imperfect and demanding. (of course the reason why they’re imperfect is that all living things will decay and rot, but It’s not my point)

Do you remember canon rotes which help immortality? Or have you made your own immortality rotes?

Please share them! Thanks!
    Last edited by Rock113; 07-19-2019, 11:50 PM.

I like the idea of a 'perfected Lichdom' that uses a few Master ranks as opposed to the current one that only requires a 4 max.
    Keep the same rank in Spirit but bump it to 5 if you want to keep your familiar alive/your spiritual ties (Doing a ritual that, atleast for the casting, binds their resonance/souls to you)
    Bump Prime up to 5.
    Life/Matter are prob fine
    Entropy might need to go up to 5 because of some weird fate stuff.
    Other than that I think it allows for a less evil Lichdom. Not sure as to how I'd run it mechanically, perhaps like regular lichdom but even more of a pain in the ass to do, but I imagine it would take a ton of effort to cast/even make.

Comment

Originally posted by Jihelu View Post
      I like the idea of a 'perfected Lichdom' that uses a few Master ranks as opposed to the current one that only requires a 4 max.
      I agree with you.

And to be honest I used to have a similar idea. If you have mastered all spheres which the first two rotes require, you will find much more effective ways.

Prime 5, Mind 5, Entropy 5, Time 5, Life 5. Five mastery, maybe some just need Lv.4. Very difficult and rare but it is possible. In my opinion this spell will be vulgar as hell but... it’s acceptable.

And if you combine both of them, Can you achieve true immortality in some way? Interesting...
      Last edited by Rock113; 07-20-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

I guess you could use a Life spell and find ways to deal with the paradox. Prime 5 could help, or maybe living in Umbra.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Revan View Post
          I guess you could use a Life spell and find ways to deal with the paradox. Prime 5 could help, or maybe living in Umbra.
          Emmm IIRC you also need to deal with the decay of mind, at least, so you need some Mind too, which has been mentioned in H:tSoH.

Maybe Immortality isn’t an easy task or it won’t be a hot topic...

Comment

Primus/prime4 corona/mind4 /life/anima 5. It's an elixir of immortality from dark ages mage core rule book

Just using entropy 4+ or life 3/4+ could give you centuries of life, but NOT immortality. All order moves toward chaos, all life naturally ends. At some point maintaining the spells would count as pattern bleeding I would also make the spells cost some quintessence( though not ridiculous amounts)

Voormas uses an entropy 5 life 5 time 5 spell(i think). It's implied to work like vampiric immortality i.e if it gets dispelled it's a really bad thing.

Comment

I think Voormas uses Entropy 5/Time 5 but I forget.

It also mentions you have to Unweave it and it has like 30+ successes thrown into it. He can also beat your ass pretty hard before you shit that many successes out.

Comment

Overwite your next incarnation. Clone back ups...

Comment

Technocratic old school rotes:
                  Life 5 to clone a body and Mind 5 to transfer your mind into the new body. The Mind effect itself according to the old Progenitor book to transfer the mind from any distance but modern St’s may require adding Correspondence for that.

From the same old book you also get:
                  Nanotech Life Support (Matter 5, Forces 3, Mind 3, Prime 2 and Life 5)
                  Prevents poisons, diseases, effects of aging, grants regeneration and stamina. The nanites can be destroyed by Entrophy 5/Matter 3 effect which is the downside.

Comment

Nanites would probably require Entropy 3/Matter 3 to be destroyed in M20 (All you need to fuck up objects is entropy 3 in m20)
                    Though it would also add life 3 into the mix because HDYDT requires Life if you fuck with something inside of someone.

What book is it in?
                    Last edited by Jihelu; 08-11-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jihelu View Post
                      Nanites would probably require Entropy 3/Matter 3 to be destroyed in M20 (All you need to fuck up objects is entropy 3 in m20)
                      Though it would also add life 3 into the mix because HDYDT requires Life if you fuck with something inside of someone.

What book is it in?
                      In the old Technocracy: Progenitors book that is also part of the Technocracy Assembled - Volume One.

Comment

Working...
                      X