X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    Even so, who do you want to handle the IP?

OPP with Phil Brucato at the helm, otherwise it'll turn into the same mess that V5 is.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    M20 was such a mess, I'm really not sure who I'd give it too.

A mess? Nah, its awesome just like W20, Wr20, V20 and C20.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
    This is everything I dread about Mage 5. Mage desperately needs an entirely fresh set of hands to make it a game and a setting that can attract anyone who isn't a millennia-old mage grognard.

If you want something that isn't MtAsc, Awakening is right over there.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    M20 was such a mess, I'm really not sure who I'd give it too.

Leave a comment:

• Kammerer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
    * They already have good relations with Satyr - who was lead dev for 2nd, Sorcerors Crusade AND M20. He just knows all the inside-outs of the setting, and even if Revised did a controversial hard turn in a different direction, even Revised was influenced by all that came before it. And even if Satyr isn't the one who is going to lead dev it in any way, OP can easily consult with him.
    This is everything I dread about Mage 5. Mage desperately needs an entirely fresh set of hands to make it a game and a setting that can attract anyone who isn't a millennia-old mage grognard.

Leave a comment:

• Ambrosia
    replied
    Personally, I'd HIGHLY prefer it if OnyxPath continued work on the IP for several reasons;

* They already have good relations with Satyr - who was lead dev for 2nd, Sorcerors Crusade AND M20. He just knows all the inside-outs of the setting, and even if Revised did a controversial hard turn in a different direction, even Revised was influenced by all that came before it. And even if Satyr isn't the one who is going to lead dev it in any way, OP can easily consult with him.

* Onyx Path just does good books, hands down. If not influenced too much by Paradox (oh the Pun Potential...), they have shown to be utterly capable of handling oWoD in all regards

* Mage is a gameline that *heavily* relies on philosophical lore-knowledge and having a feel for what it's supposed to be, how Magick works, and what the headspace of it all is. It requires heavy investment. It is a gameline that can easily be fucked up by changes that might seem Like A Good Idea At The Time to somebody without much experience with it. Likewise, I think 'streamlining' it in any regard would not affect it positively - IMO. More straightforward examples and good tables? Sure. Simplifying its mechanics away from the freeform Magick system we have? No.
    Onyx Path and their hired writers that worked on M20 *have* that experience. If a different company touches it, and people who possibly never touched Mage much try to develop for it...things might get so much harder to pull off right. It *could* be a refreshing change to have new pairs of eyes working on it, of course - and it *could* get pulled off right. But the risk would increase as much as any possible reward.
    Last edited by Ambrosia; 12-16-2019, 03:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Even so, who do you want to handle the IP?

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    I don't think we will see it before 2025.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    ...In an edition that isn't like V5..

Look, Mage is an Esoteric game. Mage is the game you can begin playing after three to thirty games of Vampire or Werewolf if you're lucky enough to find a storyteller. Mage requires some understanding of metaphysics and a capability to get abstract with the powers you've got. Even beyond getting writers that understand what mage is about and having them convert the game; V5 has the least regard for metaphysics and abstract usage of power. Much of it's design is -Game First, Story secondary- and that just doesn't do when you're trying to work with paradigms your character is supposed to believe in. You just can't make a M5 like V5 (Well, I'd argue V5 is wrong anyway, but M5 would definitely be moreso!)

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    Fine. Who would you like Paradox to turn the Mage IP over to for MtA 5th?
    Would Love tô see onyx Path continue their work on mage

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Fine. Who would you like Paradox to turn the Mage IP over to for MtA 5th?

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Modiphius don't own the WOD IPs, Paradox Entertainment do, and they license the IPs to others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X