No announcement yet.

Has anyone read Book of the Fallen yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read Book of the Fallen yet?

How graphic are the descriptions of rape and sexual assault in this book? I’d like to learn more about the Nephandi, but those particular subjects really bother me.

Thanks.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Penelope, I haven't had a chance to read the book in detail yet, but I word-searched the PDF so I could give you some kind of answer. What I see is frank third-person descriptions of the psychology and morality of sexual assault and rape, as well as other atrocities, but there are no direct descriptions whatsoever of the actions themselves.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
    - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Thank you so much!!! Now I can buy it this weekend without being paranoid that I’ll read something upsetting.

I love Bob the Skull from the Dresden Files. He’s smart, he’s loyal to his bff and he loves romance novels.

H.L. Mencken was the Sage of Baltimore.

The die is cast.

Comment

I would expect, by content and mood, something like Infernalism: The Path of Screams. This book of 1998 was the most similar to a "Guide to the Nephandi", until now. Here you have a review:

https://www.strangeassembly.com/2019...cerers-crusade

Comment

See http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...54#post1346954

Book Of The Fallen is quite more heavy in material than Path of Screams, because it discusses a lot of actual type of RL abuse and violence all over the world - including our western society.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
          cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
          EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

I read Book of the Fallen. It was EXTREMELY disturbing, but I didn’t freak out or anything and I found out some interesting stuff about the Qlippothic Realms and the various Nephandi factions. Plus it had some good advice on dealing with abuse.

The die is cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              I read Book of the Fallen. It was EXTREMELY disturbing, but I didn’t freak out or anything and I found out some interesting stuff about the Qlippothic Realms and the various Nephandi factions. Plus it had some good advice on dealing with abuse.

I agree. It's disturbing because it deals with disturbing topics, but I think it succeeds in informing without sensationalizing. And the game material is great stuff as usual.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
              - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Thanks for the Like.

The die is cast.

Comment

Working...
                X