M20 Technocracy: Reloaded Kickstarter Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M20 Technocracy: Reloaded Kickstarter Discussion

Alright, dedicated thread here to discuss the KS as well as the manuscripts that start to trickle out.

For some details, Mage: the Podcast had an episode of the book interviewing two of the developers, Danielle Lauzon and Travis Legge

EDIT: The KS link
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 04-28-2020, 02:17 PM.

Technical people don't make good slaves. Without their wholehearted cooperation, things fall apart..

Comment

This oughta be awesome

Comment

I'm a backer, sight (nearly) unseen.

Comment

Backed, Excited to see what is in the future fate sections.

Comment

I'm enjoying the Disputed Data sections.

Comment

Maybe I'm dumb but I cant find the link to the kickstarter. The email from yesterday doesnt have one. Can someone like to it please?

Nevermind. I see it in the first post now

Comment

Not even two hours in and we've hit our second Stretch Goal.

UPDATE: we now have the third Stretch Goal. Next up, a Digital Web 3.0 section in the companion pdf.
                Last edited by Dataweaver; 04-28-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Very happy to see the kickstarter doing so well especially with what is going on in the world. Nice. Digital Web 3.0 here we come.

Comment

Very quickly, too. In the 20 minutes since my last post here, we've advanced halfway to the DW3.0 Stretch Goal.

I've upped my pledge to get me a copy of all of the earlier-edition Technocracy material; but I might just end up taking that back, as it's entirely possible that I've already purchased them all.

Comment

Weren’t people saying Digital web 3 would be it’s own book with probably its own stretch goal? Now it’s here as part of the companion on another Kickstarter?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        Weren’t people saying Digital web 3 would be it’s own book with probably its own stretch goal? Now it’s here as part of the companion on another Kickstarter?
                        Yeah originally Digital Web 3.0 was planned as its own book. From my understanding, Brucato had difficulty trying to push through with that because a.) he would have to address toxic internet culture but he knew he was going to already be addressing that in BotF and b.) he was concerned about the book getting quickly outdated by the time it got released.

Although here, it looks like they're going to salvage it, just as a chapter in a book, not a standalone supplement.

Comment

Yeah okay sounds like it’s not a project the team wants to handle, at least thoroughly. I hope it’s well researched I mean creepypastas have been using Deep web horror stories for the last decade. And cutting edge tech stuff sometimes seems outside the World of Darknesses Wheelhouse past Terminator era anyways.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
                            Backed, Excited to see what is in the future fate sections.
                            I'm kinda hoping they all turn into the Borg wearing Nazi uniforms. Or is that too subtle?

Comment

For what it's worth, there's a Storyteller's Vault supplement about the Dark Web; so all of the stuff about how the Internet can be abused has actually already been addressed.

Something I'm hoping that Digital Web 3.0 ends up saying though: the Digital Web isn't the Internet. At best, the Internet exists “inside” parts of the Digital Web.

Comment

Working...
                              X