Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should a modern, major Hermetic Chantry look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should a modern, major Hermetic Chantry look like?

Say you have a summoner who gets a spirit, perhaps a Djinn, to use his magic to build you a Chantry somewhere beneath the Mohave desert in the midst of a powerful Node. The Hermetics make it their main chantry in the region. What shape would it take? Perhaps some sort of college for one or two hundred Hermetic acolytes to keep the paradigm in check and groom potential apprentices? Spirits of various subjects, like physics and history, teaching classes? Shrines with gigantic, marble statues of Hermes, the Four Archangels, the Tarot Arcana, Gaia/The Triple Faced Goddess, and the planets of our solar system, and maybe the Muses along with any spirit that has an ongoing relationship with the Hermetic mages? Libraries, both one for the general students and one that contains dangerous knowledge? Obviously a warehouse for materials for Hermetic rituals. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Mercurial; 08-24-2020, 10:21 PM.

• Czernobog
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    My personal tastes skew toward the design and decor of the house from Thirteen Ghosts, but I am weird.
    That'd certainly make sense for a Hermetic barabbus ...

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied
    Originally posted by Arzie View Post
    I've seen a game where the local Hermetics built their own sub-chantry that, iirc, was a Nine Level Library. Each of the Traditions had access to their Sphere's level, and the Hermetics could go wherever they liked. It was built underground in a cliff-face. . . again, iirc. It was kind of like a Mini-Concordia.
    Sounds neat! I think I want all of my common use libraries in the chantry to be shrines dedicated to Clio, the Muse of the Written Word. Each section of the chantry is going to be a shrine dedicated to a different Muse, Major Arcana spirit, Archangel, Hermes, or planetary spirit.
    Last edited by Mercurial; 08-27-2020, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Arzie
    replied
    I've seen a game where the local Hermetics built their own sub-chantry that, iirc, was a Nine Level Library. Each of the Traditions had access to their Sphere's level, and the Hermetics could go wherever they liked. It was built underground in a cliff-face. . . again, iirc. It was kind of like a Mini-Concordia.

Leave a comment:

• Mercurial
    replied
    Originally posted by Crowley View Post

I like your idea, but id totally rip off "American Horror Story: Apocalypse" by making it an underground bunker on top of a layline, using an entrance shaped like a laberyth

Never saw it, I just want a place that you can create that won’t be immediately spotted by Technocrat spy satellites. And rather than a labyrinth... did you ever read Courtney Crumrin when you were a kid? I’m just thinking this would be an opportunity for the Hermetics to create their own mini version of Doissetep on Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
    Say you have a summoner who gets a spirit, perhaps a Djinn, to use his magic to build you a Chantry somewhere beneath the Mohave desert in the midst of a powerful Node. The Hermetics make it their main chantry in the region. What shape would it take? Perhaps some sort of college for one or two hundred Hermetic acolytes to keep the paradigm in check and groom potential apprentices? Spirits of various subjects, like physics and history, teaching classes? Shrines with gigantic, marble statues of Hermes, the Four Archangels, the Tarot Arcana, Gaia/The Triple Faced Goddess, and the planets of our solar system, and maybe the Muses along with any spirit that has an ongoing relationship with the Hermetic mages? Libraries, both one for the general students and one that contains dangerous knowledge? Obviously a warehouse for materials for Hermetic rituals. Any other ideas?
    I like your idea, but id totally rip off "American Horror Story: Apocalypse" by making it an underground bunker on top of a layline, using an entrance shaped like a laberyth

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...cLo6Q&usqp=CAU

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180916023901

id give it as many chambers as numerologically necesary.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    My personal tastes skew toward the design and decor of the house from Thirteen Ghosts, but I am weird.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X