Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Mage faction do you fit in with? And why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mage faction do you fit in with? And why?

Traditions? Technocracy? Disparate Alliance? (Hopefully not the Marauders or Nephandi)

I’m very intuitive and I like the idea of magick, so defo not the Technocracy. I’d pick the Traditions, but only because I’m basically not sure exactly what the Disparate Alliance’s philosophy is. Also, I like the Hollow Ones’ emphasis on Romanticism, but not so much their goth style (with a few exceptions, my characters are usually more prep).

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Probably the Sons of Ether, out of any.

Comment

Cool. I like the Verbenae, Cult of Ecstasy (Sahajiya) or Hollow Ones.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

For me, Order of Hermes. I'm a nerd, into history and see things in a big picture way. Science and magic aren't all that different--so Techgnosi Order of Hermes. I could play many of the Houses--though Ex Miscellena offers the most options because you can do your own little tweak within the larger Hermetic paradigm.

The Disparate Alliance is a group of what used to be called the Crafts, plus Orphans (unaffiliated) mages who join. Each group has its own ideas--they are working together because the other factions are wrong. A Templar and a Taftani may see the world in very different ways or they might overlap.

The Hollow Ones are discussed in several books, including a Tradition book for Revised Era.

For a take on the Hollow Ones from a White Wolf freelancer who helped work on the Disparate Alliance in M20, James Sambrano, here's a link to the Mage the Podcast episode

https://magethepodcast.com/index.php...ames-sambrano/

Comment

a orphean. Because I don’t look having responsibilities

Comment

From what I know from me, the most fitting one is marauders. Because I lived through some really ugly mobbing including my own mother back in school that made me either wish to kill myself or everyone else but luckily I did neither.
            Mayby Celestial Chorus too because I am sure Jahwe spoke to me back then when I decided to jump and after it, it whas like the world whas different.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
            First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
            Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post
              From what I know from me, the most fitting one is marauders. Because I lived through some really ugly mobbing including my own mother back in school that made me either wish to kill myself or everyone else but luckily I did neither.
              Mayby Celestial Chorus too because I am sure Jahwe spoke to me back then when I decided to jump and after it, it whas like the world whas different.
              I’m sorry. The Celestial Chorus is not my religion, but it can be very inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Koronus View Post

What about Orphan?

Comment

Originally posted by blailton View Post

What about Orphan?
                  Could fit too, because I believe in the Shadowrun aspect that all magic is equal, it depend only on what you belief is working for you. So it could work with everything except technocratic principles because I can not overcome the, using magic without beliefing that it is magic or other supernatural power. There my mind would make only sense with Syndicate where there magic is being a supreme leader and bring your subordinates with your words to do what you want because they want to achieve for this shining person.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                  First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                  Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

I'd have to say Orphan, just because nothing else is a close fit. Maybe a Chorister, but I'd be very Latitudinarian.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
                    - H.L. Mencken

Comment

I'd be an ITX or Progenitor. I already work for the man IRL, it wouldn't be much of a change.

Comment

Oh I’m tied between Etherite or Dreamspeaker, with Akashayana right behind. Ultimately probably Dreamspeaker, I like the idea of their balance with spirits of nature or even ancestors, and the universality of their membership.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Eldagusto what makes you prefer Dreamspeakers to Verbenae?

Comment

Purely the spirit connections, spirit speaks to me more then life, and spirits as a subject of study and the subject of a magical career over sacrifice and the old ways to shapeshift or conjure storms. There was an interesting Dreamspeaker in the Ascension Novel, he had some sort of magical flaw, so it was difficult for him to learn anything past sensing magic so he developed learning the first dot of every sphere, very interesting concept I could see doing that if magic is difficult. :P Or train as an Akashic to gain serenity and balance two dots in Mind, Life and Spirit for the harmony and simplistic magic.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think I'd fit in best with Iteration X. Transcending humanity's limits with technology, forming symbiotic relations with machines and intelligence, simulations where anything becomes possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X