The Ascension War expands to the other supernaturals and heats up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ascension War expands to the other supernaturals and heats up

A Mage-focused setting hack for the WoD I thought of and fancy due to my preferences for easy crossover between game lines and a less 'subtle' setting: the Technocracy purge expands to target other supernaturals as much it does other mage factions. As a consequence, the Ascension War expands to involve all the other supernatural races and causes a general realignment of their factions. It merges with the other extant supernatural conflicts in one big crossover-friendly melee with a realignment of most or all supernatural factions to fit in the new pattern.

Two other related setting hacks occur at the same time. First, the Ascension War becomes hot, part b/c of its dynamic shifting, part b/c of the widespread involvement of other supernaturals. The Traditions, Technocracy, and Nephandi are engaged in open warfare. Vulgar will working is frequently being hurled in the streets in broad daylight, chantries and constructs are under siege, and entire realms burn on the Horizon. The war pushes reality to its breaking point and consensual reality world wide becomes accepting of the sorts of feats you could find in low-level science fiction, urban fantasy, and horror genre works.

Second, Vulgar w/o witnesses becomes unheard of; Paradox explictly requires the mage bungling the spell or the presence and active disbelief of a Sleeper observer. The frayed Consensus invariably turns out to be weaker than properly focused Awakened will in the absence of reinforcement by its Sleeper creators. This also concerns longevity spells, which become safe, reliable, and relatively easy, making immortality the default condition for sufficiently powerful mages.

This process strengthens the supernatural world as a whole: the Gauntlet weakens, making easier for spirits and Bygones to manifest on Earth, and for the Celestines and the Triat to feed power to their agents. The numbers of mages and changelings increase, and more shapeshifters are born. As disbelief of the supernatural weakens, Banality gets in full retreat across the world. Fae powers and Chimerical reality become easier and safer to manifest in a similar way to Awakened magic, and changelings regain a sizable portion of their fae nature. It becomes a rare occurence for them to succumb to Banality, and sufficiently powerful ones find it easy to achieve immortality.

The Traditions and most Garou and changelings form an alliance which starts uneasy but quickly grows fairly stable and functional in the fire of battle. They accept their common role as the champions of the Earth, Dynamism, and Wonder, and acknowledge the agents of Stasis, Corruption, and Annihilation as their common enemy. The Traditions embrace an environmentalist policy, and the Garou adjust their war efforts to fight the minions of the Weaver and the Wyrm in equal measure. Tradition mages and changelings broker a reconciliation between the Garou and the other Changing Breeds, which mostly join their alliance. The Nephandi and the agents of the Wyrm join in an even tighter and more widespread bond, pulling in the corrupted fae and shapeshifters.

The vampires split in a few major factions that realign with the warring ones: the first, and largest, seeks a compromise and an alliance of convenience with the Technocracy, pledging tight enforcement of the Masquerade in exchange for support and immunity from the supernatural purge. Being faced with increased opposition, the Technocracy accepts the deal. Another faction, not much smaller than the first and typically including the most predatory and depraved Kindred, increasingly taps Infernal magic and other dark forces to keep up and aligns with the Nephandi and the agents of the Wyrm.

The third and much smaller faction joins the Gaian/Dynamic/Dreaming alliance, pledging to tone down their predatory behaviors in exchange for acceptance. The Garou balk, but eventually accept since they notice that the Wyrm-taint in vampires that fight for Gaia and the Wyld tends to disappear. These vampires notice to their relief that various negative aspects of their Curse get substantally lessened if they are true to their pledge. This comes at the price of staying on their best behavior, except when fighting minions of the enemy. It seems the ongoing realignment of the supernatural world into a wider and all-encompassing conflict occurs across all of the Tellurian, goes all the way up to the Celestines and the Triat, and happens with their support.
    Last edited by Irioth; 09-26-2020, 09:31 AM.

so, what about Pentex and Threat Null?

-

Comment

There are two questions I would ask when considering the Technocracy launching all out war against other supernaturals:
      1. How many mages inside the Union have developed relationships with individual supernaturals during their careers? Some would certainly warn their friend, lover, savior, etc. The other groups would catch on fast enough while the Union determined, down to individual units, worldwide, what everyone is going to be doing.
      2. Does this simply hand the Traditions a mixed-unit army of supernaturals willing to fight alongside them, making the Trads more of a threat than they already are? Your own description of alliances answers this question fairly well. It produces an unfavorable position for the Union and unravels the Gauntlet, the closing of which is the Void Engineers' and Technocracy's greatest accomplishment.
      So, realistically, they would not do this. Since you have thought through the alliances that might form as a result of a Technocratic blunder, how do you see the scenario ending? Who is left standing - or floating? What kind of economy of services might develop between the members of such an alliance?

Generally, coexistence of any kind between Vampires and Mages would not last long at all. Vampires do not approach Mages on equal terms, believing themselves more powerful, despite the amazing power Mages have at their disposal. They try to get them hooked on their blood. They eye them for theirs. Mages who are pushed around by Vampires only have to wait for the sun. Matter3, Forces3, Correspondence2, "I teleport a bomb into the bloodsuckers' den.". A single Mage with knowledge of haven locations could simply go down the list, delivering final death from the comfort of his living room. It's not like Vampires make themselves hard to find - "Oh, no, another dead twenty-something in the alley beside the nightclub. Kids just can't resist the music. Who could have done this?". Time2.

In my current Mage campaign, I have advised my players that Wraiths and Changelings exist, but are rare on Earth. I will include a Wraith character, because my girlfriend likes Ghosts, when I can take the time to study the factions and powers. Changeling appeals to me, so it's a close second for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
        so, what about Pentex and Threat Null?
        Good point. I have given some thought to this angle, and my tentative assumption is the increased polarization and realignment between supernatural factions in this scenario drive a growing split between Threat Null and the uncorrupted faction of the Technocrats, which goes all the way to a Technocracy civil war. Broadly speaking, Threat Null and Pentex join hands with Nephandi, Infernalist vampires, Black Spiral Dancers, and various other factions whose names I am not mindful at present to form the army of Corruption and Annihilation.The rest of Technocracy joins hands with the Camarilla-style vampires to form the Stasis army, which fights an uphill battle to uphold and restore the faltering Masquerade and Gauntlet. And yes, this turn of events substantially tilts the balance of the setting against the previous supremacy of the Stasis faction.

This is a key assumption of the scenario - the balance of power in reality is shifting, and the supernaturals are fighting an all-out war to decide what comes next. Whether it happened b/c of the actions of the supernaturals (the Technocracy's aggressive overreach) that caused a change in the power dynamics between cosmic forces, or the latter shifted and drove a change in the supernatural world - hard to say. Certainly a few big changes are taking place behind the curtains, even beyond the direct consequences of the expanded Ascension War weakening the Consensus, the Gauntlet, and Banality substantially, as shown by the remarkable changes in the Curse of vampires that align with the Gaian/Dynamic/Dreaming alliance.
        Last edited by Irioth; 10-11-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonParty2021 View Post
          1. How many mages inside the Union have developed relationships with individual supernaturals during their careers? Some would certainly warn their friend, lover, savior, etc. The other groups would catch on fast enough while the Union determined, down to individual units, worldwide, what everyone is going to be doing.
          To be honest, I see the Union as totalitarian enough that I do not regard this as too much of an issue, not any more than possible dealings between individual Technocrats and other mages, and in any case its effects get folded in the grand realignment of supernatural factions that takes place, as well as the split and civil war between Threat Null and the rest of the Union.

2. Does this simply hand the Traditions a mixed-unit army of supernaturals willing to fight alongside them, making the Trads more of a threat than they already are? Your own description of alliances answers this question fairly well. It produces an unfavorable position for the Union and unravels the Gauntlet, the closing of which is the Void Engineers' and Technocracy's greatest accomplishment.
          Yes, this turn of events is certainly a major blunder on the Union's part. It doesn't mean it cannot happen, and in this scenario it does. The Union is far from being infallible, all-powerful, or all-knowing, or it would have won the Ascension War long ago. In this situation, it bites more than it can chew. It is an open question whether it happens because of the Union's arrogance and hubris that leads it to believe it has grown strong enough it can afford an expanded purge of the other supernaturals, or b/c Theat Null covertly instigates the change of policy in an attempt to being about the End Times, or maybe as a mix of the above.

So, realistically, they would not do this. Since you have thought through the alliances that might form as a result of a Technocratic blunder, how do you see the scenario ending? Who is left standing - or floating? What kind of economy of services might develop between the members of such an alliance?
          Honestly, I have not thought much beyond what I described in the OP plus the Union civil war. I am not sure who is most likely to win, although I do not expect the Stasis faction to get the upper hand this time. Too much is stacked against them. I welcome suggestions about the economy of services trade within the various alliances. It is certainly one of the most interesting aspects of the scenario.

Generally, coexistence of any kind between Vampires and Mages would not last long at all. Vampires do not approach Mages on equal terms, believing themselves more powerful, despite the amazing power Mages have at their disposal. They try to get them hooked on their blood. They eye them for theirs. Mages who are pushed around by Vampires only have to wait for the sun. Matter3, Forces3, Correspondence2, "I teleport a bomb into the bloodsuckers' den.". A single Mage with knowledge of haven locations could simply go down the list, delivering final death from the comfort of his living room. It's not like Vampires make themselves hard to find - "Oh, no, another dead twenty-something in the alley beside the nightclub. Kids just can't resist the music. Who could have done this?". Time2.
          Precisely for the reasons you describe, I expect the wiser vampires that manage to survive and thrive in this chaotic scenario have to learn fast to treat the other supernaturals in their faction as equals, and tone down their attempts to control or manipulate them substantially, at least to the degree necessary to allow functional alliances. This all but surely includes a ban of involuntary blood bonding and ghouldom of allies. The Kindred that cannot or would not adapt to the new situation become casualties of war.

Last edited by Irioth; 10-10-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I thought Threat Null was stasis aligned

-

Comment

I thought Threat Null was stasis aligned
              Given it represents the Nephandi's infiltration and corruption of the Union, I assume it surely aligns with Corruption/Annihilation, and Nephandic influence overwhelms and replaces the Stasis alignment of the Union for them, in metaphysical terms. As it concerns alliance alignments, we may assume the expanded Ascension War somehow causes a split of the Union between its corrupted and uncorrupted members and a Technocracy civil war, and drives TN to join hands with the rest of the Corruption/Annihilation army, past a point. Reasons may vary: perhaps Threat Null's influence is what caused the Union to make its aggressive overreach in the first place, perhaps the Nephandi and the Wyrm faction as a whole (including TN) are gearing up for what they assume is their chance to unleash the End Times.

Comment

well, color me surprised, I thought they were the stasis equivalent of the entropic Nephandi

anyway, that does seem like overwhelming odds against the Technos and Camarilla types,
                and I would imagine if the entropic/infernalist side got that much support, the technos and trads would just agree on a truce to fight the entropics,
                even if that meant more compromise from the traditions' side

-

Comment

well, color me surprised, I thought they were the stasis equivalent of the entropic Nephandi

anyway, that does seem like overwhelming odds against the Technos and Camarilla types,
                  and I would imagine if the entropic/infernalist side got that much support, the technos and trads would just agree on a truce to fight the entropics,
                  even if that meant more compromise from the traditions' side
                  A truce and an alliance of convenience between the uncorrupted faction of the Technos, the Trads, and their were, fae, and vampire allies is certainly a possibility, but if it happens at all, surely the Technos shall have to make much more onerous concessions than the Gaian/Dynamic alliance, given that a) as you point out, they are the most overwhelmed faction facing the worst odds b) their blunders, intolerance, and arrogance is what created the present mess. At the very least, to make the truce work they have to call off any hostility against the Traditions and non-entropic supernaturals and pledge to support environmental protection, creative freedom, and a sci-fi/fantasy global paradigm that is welcoming of the Trads' magica nd the supernaturals' existence and powers. It seems not such a bad outcome for the world, given the alternatives. Basically it would be the science fantasy Shadowrun setting w/o the cyberpunk dystopic stuff, or a kitchen-sink superheroic one w/o the Status Quo is God trope. I suppose in this case the ever-opportunistic Camarilla would fall into line too, somehow. I am not sure how much this outcome would fit with the ongoing Triatic polarization that is taking place behind the curtains, but in the end, the fate of the world is in the hands of the PC-level actors.
                  Last edited by Irioth; 10-12-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

"I welcome suggestions about the economy of services trade within the various alliances. It is certainly one of the most interesting aspects of the scenario."

I would determine:
                    What resources are depleted or destroyed by the conflict? What opportunities does the scarcity create? We are assuming that the Wyrm aligned forces don't gain political control of a nuclear armed country. Something remains of the world. Before looking at Quintessence, Glamour or Gnosis type resources, what static, finite resources are destroyed?

Developed residential land might be destroyed by magical hurricanes, paradox storms or conventional warfare. Destruction of high value real estate in wealthier countries could make room for new ideas. ItX Macro-technicians from the un-infested technocracy, Order of Hermes and Utopian Etherites would all want to have input into the reconstruction. If the Technocracy is in a losing position, consider what Progenitor Genegineers might do. Large parts of the world's agricultural systems shut down. There isn't enough food for everyone. The Syndicate ramps up production of small arms and dumps them on the market, encouraging armed conflict between previously friendly populations. The Low Umbra sees an influx of former sleepers, now Wraiths, tormented by the horrible choices they were forced to make on behalf of immediate family. I have no idea what goods Wraiths produce. They would certainly wish to have the help of the Euthanatos to communicate with the living world.

The catastrophic events that result from the conflict would change the Resonance of Nodes, regardless of what Magick had been cast by their Mage occupiers. This is first considering Nodes that remain. A Chorister Node that is a park where wedding ceremonies were often performed would have its Resonance changed by prolonged bloodshed, even if only between sleepers. Since the Union lost, do defecting Syndicate Mages sell their knowledge of Primal Utility in order to secure shelter? If existing Nodes are contaminated, depleted or moved by cosmological forces, deriving Quintessence from new enterprises would be critical.

How do you interpret the conversion between Quintessence and Glamour? The simple version is that they are interchangeable. However, classic Changelings would not be able to benefit from technocratically aligned Nodes, if those have a Static/ Weaver alignment. Suppose a factory built on a Node by ItX Time Motion Managers was taken over by Tradition Mages. If it was producing something that is needed to restart civilization, the new owners might not want to mess with its functionality. What if Dauntain Changelings had an important role in the running of the factory or surrounding community? Would they be allowed to survive? If so, would they try to reconstitute their side's forces?

Mages don't need to extract Quintessence from Nodes in order to benefit from them. Werewolves need Gnosis to recharge their Gifts. Suppose the Werewolves wanted the Tradition Mages to change that factory-node over to a Caern, because a chemically fueled forest fire destroyed their nearest one. Pentex made sure to spread radioactive silver shrapnel for good measure. If the Mages believe their enemies defeated, they might prioritize factory output over the Werewolves' needs. Do the Dauntain try to drive a wedge between the Garou and Mages? (I know from playing Sabbat vampires that they suffered from a broken alliance with Werewolves who had assisted them in South America)

When the Traditions controlled reality, human population numbered in the millions. The Technocratic Paradigm caused a massive increase in food production and material productivity, at the cost of other possibilities. At the conclusion of the conflict, the Technocracy has lost. What happens to the consensus with regard to manufacturing and GMO-agriculture? The Wick consisted of the Verbena, Dreamspeakers, Ecstatics and Progenitors until the Progenitors left and joined the Order of Reason. The Verbena view nature as something in which humanity is meant to exist, being strongly encouraged to revere Gaia. The Progenitors believed we were meant to subordinate nature to our needs. Is reconciliation possible, assuming some Progenitor Mages survive?

If not, how do the other Tradition Mages organize to reinvent the paradigm to sustain billions of people? Paradigms take time to be molded. Many in the Order of Hermes long for a return to the Mythic Age. Would they pursue this at the first opportunity, sacrificing even more of the sleeper population to starvation before any agreement between former Wick members could be made? Could the Progenitors offer to integrate electrovors and cable-bacteria into human biology, allowing us to survive, at least partially, on electricity? The Garou would want to reconstitute wolf population and possibly other animal species from which other types of were-creatures could be born. This requires untouched forests, teaming with prey animals. Rabbits, unchecked, eat crops.

The Virtual Adepts require some facets of the technocratic Paradigm to remain in place as a foundation for the VR. By this point in writing, I'm too far to go back and look at what you had said about the Digital Web. In YouTube content related to Changeling, I heard mention of an alliance between the Adepts and Changelings, where VR realms serve as an expansion of the Dreaming. The conflict that has just concluded would certainly have destroyed some of the Dreaming. The Glamour-Changelings would have a happy alliance with the Adepts. However, the infrastructure that the internet depends on is tied to the Weaver. So, the Adepts would have some ties to the Dauntain. Intrigue plot, right there.

I'll leave you with two external sources of inspiration for the idea-well. The first is YouTube channel, Vice, "The Third Industrial Revolution: A Radical New Sharing Economy". Jeremy Rifkin talks about less developed countries having an advantage over wealthier countries when it comes to building new green infrastructure, due to the lack of high value buildings sitting on top of the land. If you are intending on selling your chronicle on DriveThroughRPG, don't use the second source. Otherwise, check out Firaxis Games' Beyond Earth. It will give you ideas for supranational alliances. It also has a set of three Affinities that human colonies are organized around. The Harmony Affinity is very much like Gaian alignment. Purity resembles the Progenitors' and Void Engineers' approach - subordinate nature and kill anything that interferes. Supremacy is very Iteration X. Each Affinity has a unique fictitious natural resource and military units.

Happy gaming!

Last edited by HorizonParty2021; 10-13-2020, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Book of the Fallen states a possible reason for the shape of the Ascension War is that the command ranks of the Techocracy have been taken over by fallen mages, or the Nephandi. Such creatures have no morals or ethics, but know how to lie. Perhaps once they feel they have broken the Traditions and other mage groups, they feel at liberty to turn attention and resources to other potential competitors, such as vampires and the like.

Comment

Here are my suggestions, as a Werewolf fan:
                        1. Threat Null (re)-gains control of the Technocratic Union as the Avatar Storm dies down. They push the Union to renew and intensify the Pogrom, reasoning that the uncooperative and beat-down Traditions, the mutually-hateful shapeshifters, and others won't cooperate against them.
                        2. Pentex supports both Stasis and Corruption, with different subsidiaries in each and the help of the Syndicate. This is already basically canon, and I don't think they'd have any reason to stop.
                        3. Reconciliation between Garou and Fera only happens in Africa, South America, and maybe South Asia. It's brokered by the shapeshifters themselves, not by Mages. In North America and most of Eurasia, Changing-Breeds negotiate with mages separately, and from a position of less strength, but Fera in those regions do begin coordinating with the Ahadi and Beast Courts. Shapeshifters in the Ahadi (Africa) and Beast Courts (East and Southeast Asia) are the first to negotiate with the Traditions via the Dreamspeakers. The shapeshifters absolutely refuse to work with or tolerate vampires for any reason, and the Traditions only accept former Technocrats who completely foreswear Technocracy and join a Tradition. Many of the Dynamic Mages refuse to support conservation. They use greenwashing to try to fool the shifters, which fails and makes continued relations even rockier.
                        4. Shapeshifters, unlike Mages, continue to maintain the Veil. Well, except the wererats and weresharks.
                        5. The Masquerade gets blown open by Hermetic mages who go on TV with staked vampires and demonstrate the most effective ways to kill them. The Camarilla are now in no position to dictate terms to the Technocrats, because they're hiding their individual identities and havens instead of the whole vampire race. The Sabbat and Baali stop bothering to hide.
                        6. Not everyone joins a Triatic uber-faction. There are splinter groups. Ananasi, Ratkin, Marauders, vampire Anarchs, and some Disparate Mages either lay low or form their own guerilla factions. The Taftani experience a resurgence and broadly support Dynamism, but still do not work well with others. The Hsien lay low because last time they intervened in a supernatural war, Heaven punished them. The weakening of the Gauntlet and Weaver allows Ratkin and Marauders to ravage the sleeper population. Wererats cause pandemics that sweep the globe. This makes the Mystick mages look better (or, less like apocalypse-causing maniacs) because their magic cures diseases sooner and cheaper than expensive medicine that requires R&D time. On the other hand, if the Dynamic faction doesn't get a stable victory soon, the Wyrm is going to crush everybody because the Weaver is no longer holding it down.
                        7. Despite the extreme violence and reduction of the human population, the 1% profit from the destruction (as they always do in real life) and become multi-trillionaires. Many become Yeren (Entropic "were-ape" incarnations of greed), which gain the ability to breed. The Urge-Wyrms of Violence, Hate, and Greed are rapidly bloating into something approaching (or exceeding?) Celestines.
                        8. If the Virtual Adepts want internet access that doesn't rely on technology infrastructure, they should create (or get some former Iteration X to create) self-replicating biocompatible nanobots which provide a brain-net augmented-reality interface. This plugs all humans permanently into the Digital Web periphery and allows astral projection into the rest of the Digital Web (no satellites needed). Shapeshifters are horrified because it's nanobots. Glamour skyrockets. Nothing could go wrong!
                        9. Mages multiply. New paradigms form. Electrical outages (and sabotage by Ratkin and the Corruption faction) make technological infrastructure unreliable, which erodes the Technocratic paradigm.
                        10. How to feed humanity with magic? Transmute poop and plastic garbage into high-quality fertilizer that sustains the soil microbiome instead of sterilizing it. Between this and the reduced Gauntlet, crops now grow higher yield on smaller plots of land. Unfortunately a lot of it is tainted by pollution.
                        11. With vampires in both the Entropy and Stasis camps, the Amenti join the Dynamic faction.
                        12. If the Technocrats don't welcome them, the Imbued, Knights Templar, Inquisition, and other xenophobic religious extremists form a fourth faction dedicated to killing all the "infidel" supernaturals.
                        13. What do the Kuei-Jin do? Akuma (and the Yama Kings) certainly side with the Entropic faction. What about the others? Their only good bet is the Dynamic faction, but the Beast Courts never trust them and are barely willing to ally with them.
                        Last edited by Erinys; 02-11-2021, 06:44 PM.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                        Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Irioth View Post

Given it represents the Nephandi's infiltration and corruption of the Union, I assume it surely aligns with Corruption/Annihilation, and Nephandic influence overwhelms and replaces the Stasis alignment of the Union for them, in metaphysical terms. As it concerns alliance alignments, we may assume the expanded Ascension War somehow causes a split of the Union between its corrupted and uncorrupted members and a Technocracy civil war, and drives TN to join hands with the rest of the Corruption/Annihilation army, past a point. Reasons may vary: perhaps Threat Null's influence is what caused the Union to make its aggressive overreach in the first place, perhaps the Nephandi and the Wyrm faction as a whole (including TN) are gearing up for what they assume is their chance to unleash the End Times.

This is not the way I read Threat Null, unless there is some massive shift. Threat Null are fallen versions of the Conventions, but not Fallen versions of the Conventions. They represent specific ways that each Convention would lose its humanity when taken to extremes. The Autopolitans are a twisted version of Iteration X's own ideals and their own relationship with Friend Computer, for instance, not one corrupted from outside.

This is not to say that they couldn't easily ally themselves with the Nephandi, just that I would not give the Nephandi the credit for their conversion.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

If the pre-Anomaly infiltrations of the Union, I'd put the Computer in alignment with the Weaver; the SPD's dealings with Pentex were clearly Wyrm-oriented; and the Void Engineers' sympathy with Umbrood was generally portrayed as Nephandic, in that the Nephandi of the time were generally portrayed as slaves of various factions of malevolent entities from the Deep Umbra, and there was an implicit assumption that everything in the Deep Umbra is inherently hostile to humanity.

That said: of the three factions of the Nephandi, only one was explicitly aligned with the Wyrm. Another was aligned with Cthulhu-esque entities, and IIRC the third faction's masters are demonic. Things in Mage don't necessarily fit into Werewolf's Triat.

Post-Anomaly, the Union itself was purged of these influences. In my head-canon, many of the Void Engineers who supposedly died in the Anomaly in fact lived, but abandoned the Union and disappeared into the Deep Umbra. You don't see them in the table of Threat Null because they have no interest in Earth anymore, and have been moving ever further into the Deep Umbra in their zeal to explore. The Computer, meanwhile, is part of Threat Null; the master of the Autochthonians. It's entirely possible that the other factions of Threat Null have similar Umbral masters, and the Computer is different only in that it was the only one explicitly known to its servants on Earth before the Anomaly; the others were a more amorphous Control. I could see Control, like the Computer, being Weaver-aligned. As for SPD, it simply disappeared — though checks are still rolling in to the Syndicate, much to their consternation.

Comment

What's SPD?

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                              Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Working...
                              X