Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today I learned about John Whiteside Parsons. What order would he be in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I learned about John Whiteside Parsons. What order would he be in?

Also they ate menstrual blood cakes, and this man is a ultimate mage even performing rituals and foci with rocket science

Sons of ether or Order of Hermes in house Ex Mis

Comment

Gross. Who is he?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        Gross. Who is he?
        The inventor of rocket fuel, founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Watch the series Strange Angel, it's all about his life.

Comment

Thank you.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

The inventor of rocket fuel ate menstral blood cakes. That’s a actually fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
              Like I said. Gross. Do I even wanna know why he did that?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                At the time shocking, by today's standards when you have celebrities touting the vitures of placenta smoothies. Not so much.

Also it's considered a religious practice in some sects of Thelema sooooo maybe don't judge too harshly

Comment

I’m not judging. My friend practices Thelema (though I really don’t think she does that). But defo not my thing.

Think I’ll pass on that show and watch Stranger Things instead. Have a great day guys. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Well, Thelema is Aleister Crowley's invention, so where he is in WoD might work. Crowley is mentioned in the 1e Cult of Ecstasy and Order of Hermes Tradition books and he's also a Malkavian vampire. However, Sons of Ether is another good Tradition for Parsons on the basis of Strange Angel, because he seems to be a mad scientist in the sense of doing things his own way and then there's all the mysticism.

As for the TV show Strange Angel, it's not overly graphic about body fluids. You are going to get a lot on sex and whatever the showrunners interpret Thelema as, plus Parsons trying to build his rockets.

And yes, there are mystical rituals done for the rocket science in Strange Angel.

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks.

Is Aleister Crowley still a Malkavian or did they retcon that and make him a mage?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                        Oh ok. Thanks.

Is Aleister Crowley still a Malkavian or did they retcon that and make him a mage?
                        Still a vampire but like most historical figures from 1st/2ndish edition *cough* Himmler *cough* he was quietly never referenced again. Crowley has an eternal struggle card though.

Comment

Thank you. I agree with that.

Comment

Indeed, Crowley is not mentioned as a mage in the revised versions of the Cult of Ecstasy or Order of Hermes books. So, indeed, Crowley being claimed by multiple supernatural factions in early books is part of the 'Everyone important in WoD is a supernatural' meme that was common in earlier works.

Comment

Originally posted by baakyocalder View Post
                              Indeed, Crowley is not mentioned as a mage in the revised versions of the Cult of Ecstasy or Order of Hermes books. So, indeed, Crowley being claimed by multiple supernatural factions in early books is part of the 'Everyone important in WoD is a supernatural' meme that was common in earlier works.

I think he might have got a shout out in the revised Hollow one book but that was more a disavow in conversation then anything pertinent.

Comment

Working...
                              X