Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the guys one syndicate page 25 look like the bosses from madmen

Or is it just me?

am I just trippin or does this look like tribute art.

The guy on the left is an older Don Draper, the guy in the middle is a slightly older Roger Sterling, and the guy on the right is a way younger Bertram Cooper.

im telling you, it looks like tribute art to me, and who better to honour in terms of the syndicate world than the people who Brought America and 20th century society with it into the modern consumer-consensual reality of advertising and image.

What year did the book come out?

Comment

Omg you’re right!!! I love Don Draper.
      Last edited by Penelope; 01-06-2021, 06:47 AM.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
        The Revised Convention Books came out a year before M20 was announced, and I think the announcement was still where the “20th Anniversary” moniker was still appropriate (even though it wasn't by the time the book actually got published). So: 2012, I think?

Comment

2013 Dwight

Comment

Mad men came out in 2007 so it's possible it was an homage or just a lazy artist

Comment

Mad men came out in 2007 so it's possible it was an homage or just a lazy artist
              it ran from 07 to 2015. mad men I mean

so that's a lot of time to do an homage

Comment

Originally posted by Zennis View Post

it ran from 07 to 2015. mad men I mean

so that's a lot of time to do an homage
                It's also easy to slap an image from the show into photo shop and layer trace.

Comment

It's also easy to slap an image from the show into photo shop and layer trace.
                  True that. It sure is

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's a nod to the show. I've only seen a couple episodes of Mad Men but I've heard good thing about it and can see it as a source of inspiration for both players and Storytellers when it comes to the Syndicate.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Working...
                    X