It Seems M20 Will Continue a While Before M5 Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Seems M20 Will Continue a While Before M5 Drops

according to the Monday meeting notes from today OPP the OK to Pitch and Re Pitch M20 projects for Paradox

So how about a Traditions and Disparates books?

Comment

I honestly hope M5 isn't as much of a shit show as V5 is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        So how about a Traditions and Disparates books?
        I think we'll see those eventually

Comment

I would like to think so, but I am not expecting it. After all, Brucato submitted a proposal for a Disparates book that got rejected by White Wolf.
          Last edited by Dataweaver; 02-03-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

That’s really cool. I like Mage.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Crossing my fingers for a new Book of Worlds (and, yes, I realize I'll be crossing them for a long, long time. Maybe forever.)

Sig

Comment

Sounds good to me. I'm in no hurry for an M5, and I could see myself just ignoring it when the time comes.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
                - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Depends on how it's written. If M5 continues in the spirit of M20 (but without, you know, being a 700-page brick), I may leap at it.

In any case, books that I'm hoping get pitched and approved for M20:

• a Disparates guidebook, akin to Technocracy Reloaded
                  • a Traditions guidebook, also akin to Technocracy Reloaded
                  Book of the Quiet, akin to Book of the Fallen but for Marauders. (“Quiet” rather than “Madness” for two reasons: first, it wouldn't be about mental illness, per se, but the Awakened phenomenon of Quiet; second, Quiet comes in multiple flavors, of which Madness is but one. I'd like to see an expanded take on the Denial-based Marauders known as Negation Men, and maybe the introduction of some Morbidity-based Marauders with some clarification of just how they differ from Nephandi.)

I'd ask for a Digital Web 3.0, but we're already getting that in the TR companion. A new Book of Worlds would be great, yes.

Another one I'd like to see would be a combination of and expansion on Initiates/Masters of the Art: M20's take on the “Path of Thorns” from Awakening to Ascension. If I were writing it, I'd include two optional systems: one for pre-Awakened Magick (distinct from Hedge Magic and Sorcery), and one for Archmastery of the Spheres. The goal for both would be to take the Sphere Magick system and extend it “down” and “up”, respectively — the former formalizing the Hedge Magician entry from Gods & Monsters as more than just a patch job to cover the lack of an M20 Sorcerer book*, and the latter taking cues from the Awakening supplement Imperial Mysteries with a focus on high-end Magick as a story driver rather than an exercise in rolling dice. In between these two things, I'd put a more in-depth look at the Avatar, Arete, and Seekings, and maybe something about Mentors and Grimoires: teaching and learning of Magick, and by Magick.

* Charles Siegal (writer of Enlightened Grimoire, Mystic Armory, and Sources of Magick, has been working on a Sorcerer 20 book for the Storyteller's Vault; I'm hoping he takes this opportunity to turn it into a pitch for an official M20 supplement. But even if that gets submitted and approved, I'd still like some sort of “Acolyte Magick” optional extension for Sphere Magick.

But in addition to those major projects, I'd also like to see a series of smaller projects: “Focus Books”, akin to the earlier editions' Tradition and Convention Books, but with each one dealing with a particular Practice (or set of closely related Practices) independent of the factions in the Ascension War. You would of course have to get into things like associated Paradigms, Instruments, and Abilities, common Spheres, and sample Effects and Wonders. There's already a supplement to this effect in STV: Paradigms Explored: Wyrd and Weft. I'd like to see more like that.

And speaking of Storyteller's Vault: there are a number of supplements there that I'd love to see “canonized”: have Onyx Path offer to buy the supplement from its author; and if the author accepts, run it through a professional editing session and republish it as an official Mage supplement. Not only would these supplements get just a touch more polish, but they'd also get a lot more exposure: one problem that I have with Storyteller's Vault is that the fan-created stuff often gets lost in the shuffle.

Comment

I don't M5 can drop. Mage just doesn't fit the 5th edition paradigm we've seen so far. Hell, I'm skeptical about W5, nevermind M5.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                      * Charles Siegal (writer of Enlightened Grimoire, Mystic Armory, and Sources of Magick, has been working on a Sorcerer 20 book for the Storyteller's Vault...
                      Oh that book's already out:

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...&filters=45622

Comment

If you're talking about Sorcerer's Companion, that's not what I mean. I mean an honest to goodness M20-compatible edition of Sorcerer.

Comment

Is he an OPP freelancer / Mage author?

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                          My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                          Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

He has asked and received permission from OPP.

Comment

?
                              Meaning they approved his pitch for Sorcerer M20?
                              Or meaning they just now accepted him as a freelancer?

I meant to ask if he had written for Mage prior. There are some Changeling authors and at least one Werewolf author publishing on Storyteller's Vault.
                              Last edited by Erinys; 02-26-2021, 09:58 PM.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                              My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                              Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Working...
                              X