Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AscentionTheMage View Post
    I hear bad things about V5
    Depends who you ask, as with every new edition of something.

Comment

I hear bad things about V5

It's a mixed bag, but the people who were the biggest problems by virtue of mistaking edginess and shock value for maturity are no longer involved, so I'm optimistic at the moment.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
        2) The M20 line is still selling books and maintaining the IP. It would be a mistake to sacrifice anything without an clear notion of what you will replace it with.
        That's exactly what they did to the W20 line. They cancelled everything in mid-2018, including books that were still being written. And there have been no books at all since then. They crushed W20, and 2 and a half years later they still haven't got W5 on the way.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
        Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
          That's exactly what they did to the W20 line. They cancelled everything in mid-2018, including books that were still being written. And there have been no books at all since then. They crushed W20, and 2 and a half years later they still haven't got W5 on the way.
          Which books did they cancel?

Comment

Disgraceful. Paradox are pathetic.

Comment

Eh?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...on-book-coming

Comment

Disgraceful. Paradox are pathetic.
                You come up with this after one unsubstantiated bit of hearsay? And you are calling Paradox pathetic?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post

You come up with this after one unsubstantiated bit of hearsay? And you are calling Paradox pathetic?
                  Because of this and other garbage Paradox gets away with.

Comment

Because of this and other garbage Paradox gets away with.
                    I don’t think you are a reliable source of whatever you think they 'get away with’ and, lest we forget, they own the IP - they can get away with anything they like with it.

Comment

There were additional W20 books planned and promised from OPP, including the Tribebook for Bunyip which was a long time coming. That was cancelled and the line ended in 2018. I once had a list of the books which had been planned by OPP, but I deleted them and gave up when I heard the W20 line was cancelled. I can try to find an old backup of the document that might have some besides the Bunyip Tribebook listed, but I probably don't have such a backup.

They have announced one final book just now, but have not uncancelled the cancelled books. For three years there have been no books published and still, we don't know when W5 will be published.

I'm not going to say "despicable" (I'll save that for the content of certain books) but it makes me quite sad. I was looking forward to the Bunyip book and planning to buy it.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                      Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

There were additional W20 books planned and promised from OPP, including the Tribebook for Bunyip which was a long time coming. That was cancelled and the line ended in 2018. I once had a list of the books which had been planned by OPP, but I deleted them and gave up when I heard the W20 line was cancelled. I can try to find an old backup of the document that might have some besides the Bunyip Tribebook listed, but I probably don't have such a backup.

They have announced one final book just now, but have not uncancelled the cancelled books. For three years there have been no books published and still, we don't know when W5 will be published.

I'm not going to say "despicable" (I'll save that for the content of certain books) but it makes me quite sad. I was looking forward to the Bunyip book and planning to buy it.
                        Honestly, I could live without Tribebook: Bunyip and, for me, the Werewolf 20th line was pretty complete as it stands. The W5 game was announced a couple of years ago to be released in 2021. We have to see how that comes out to make any judgement as to its worth.

Comment

Yeah Werewolf 20 is in a pretty good place in terms of coverage. I'd love a revision to Croatan Song with better up to date scholarship and more Native voices involved, but that's probably a very self indulgent wish rather than something the line desperately needs. I'm glad we're getting a book to give more depth on the Tribes for 20th Anniversary line. Maybe we can get said better Pre-Columbian scholarship and Native voices with the Uktena and Wendigo chapters there. But there's little I can think of that's desperately needed where my Revised resources don't still work great.

The only thing I'm mad at Paradox for with the W20 line was the text changes in Changing Ways, but the edge-lords responsible for that are gone to the best of my knowledege.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                          X