Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Gnosis to spirits

Greetings,

What Spheres and at what level are needed to feed a Gnosis point to an spirit?

Generate, store, and transfer the Gnosis. Either from thin air or using a Caern/Node.

It depends on what do you mean by Gnosis.

In Mage, I think that term exists solely as a Werewolf legacy in Spirit character sheets (as in Gnosis 8 Rage 10 Willpower 8, you know, Spirit Traits). But due to the wording, and the mentioning of Caerns, I imagine you mean the "fuel" trait Garou use for some Gifts and such. And as far as I know such a thing doesn't exist in Mage - well, not outside the realm of ST fiat, at least.

I think it's pertinent to ask: What's the intended result?.

If it would be to replenish or increase the Spirit's Essence, then it's the same as transfering Quintessence. I would think Prime 3/Spirit 2 should be enough to transfer it from the Mage or a Node (Prime 5/Spirit 2 to generate from thin air).

Mages also gather Tass (Quint in phisical form) from Nodes, and I think it can be used to feed spirits w/o further magick (as if it was food)
    Last edited by Aleph; 02-11-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, yes it is the fuel stat for spirits in the Werewolf gameline.

The idea is to aid a Pack that has a veey energy demanding spirit (Hummingbird totem, which asks for a Gnosis point daily).

The idea is to aid them immediately, and to make a medium and long term solution, like a Gnosis gather-store-release device.

Comment

Bringing Tass it's probably the best solution. If there's none at hand, Prime 3/Spirit 2 it's an easy way to channel energy from the wizard or the Caern to the spirit

An artifact to store and release energy can be made at Prime 4.

Creating it from thin air with Prime 5, however tempting, it's not going to be a lasting solution because it's very, very, Vulgar (I think it's one of the few things that it's Vulgar regardless of where the Effect it's casted - Always Vulgar).

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
          Thanks for the answer, yes it is the fuel stat for spirits in the Werewolf gameline.
          The idea is to aid a Pack that has a veey energy demanding spirit (Hummingbird totem, which asks for a Gnosis point daily).
          The idea is to aid them immediately, and to make a medium and long term solution, like a Gnosis gather-store-release device.
          Do keep in mind to make sure that what ever method you use to make this is palatable to the Garou and the totem, because they might interpret it in a wrong way.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Working...
          X