Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victorian Mage will be Crowdfunded by OPP on Indiegogo instead of KS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    Oh boy, can't wait to get beat over the head about the horrors of colonialism ad nauseam for 5 chapters and then have one chapter with actual rules that still won't make sense.....
    If you don't have anything to contribute than threadcrapping a project, don't contribute. Also, crazy fact, but that actually is a pretty relevant topic for the Victorian Era.


    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Dwight View Post
      Oh boy, can't wait to get beat over the head about the horrors of colonialism ad nauseam for 5 chapters and then have one chapter with actual rules that still won't make sense.....
      Fuck I knew someone like you would comment that you fucking racist asshole that defended Eli Roth.

      The effects of BIPOC people in the Steampunk genre have always been ignored. And it's not like White Wolf ever shyed away from commenting “badly” on the negative effects of colonialism. See the whole Wyrmbringers thing from Werewolf

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

        Fuck I knew someone like you would comment that you fucking racist asshole that defended Eli Roth.

        The effects of BIPOC people in the Steampunk genre have always been ignored. And it's not like White Wolf ever shyed away from commenting “badly” on the negative effects of colonialism. See the whole Wyrmbringers thing from Werewolf
        Dwight already has been expelled from the thread. Do not do this again or you will receive an infraction, whether I agree or not with the point or not.

        No personal attacks either.

        Last edited by CTPhipps; 02-20-2021, 02:29 AM.


        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

        Comment


        • #19
          Calling out a racist isn't a personal attack

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            Calling out a racist isn't a personal attack
            If you disagree with a moderator's handling of a situation and think we made the wrong call please contact a site admin via the "Contact Us" or at the bottom of the page or through private message. Do not argue with us in threads as it will lead to further infractions.


            Onyx Path Forum Moderator
            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

            Comment


            • #21
              At this point I will do my usual thing anytime the Victorian period comes up and highly recommend the mystery novels of Anne Perry. She has two main series, one about William Monk that starts in the 1850s, and another about Thomas and Charlotte Pitt starting in the 1870s. Two reasons I enjoy these books, aside from the excellent period details that are a staple of the historical mystery genre, is that the focus a lot on how Victorian London society looks and functions from various perspectives based on class and especially gender (with a lot of time looking at what women of different social levels actually did), and that there is a great deal of emphasis on the theme of having empathy for one's fellow human beings regardless of our differences.


              What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                Calling out a racist isn't a personal attack
                Since apparently the mods will allow personal attacks to stand after the fact but admonish someone for questioning their decision allow me to clarify my statement.

                Colonialism is bad, this is a no brainer.

                However after seeing the mess M20 was (which I backed to the tune of $500 fyi) I have no faith in Opp or the writers it hires (looking at you Satyr) to handle the subject in a manner that won't distract from the overall setting or come with a rule set that makes any coherent sense.

                When my tweed clad Hermetic leaves a smokey Limehouse eel shop I want to be able to lightning bolt a sudo-technocrat with out tripping over how my diamond cufflinks are from the Belgium Congo and I should feel bad for playing such a character.

                Comment


                • #23
                  All acts of imagination are politically incorrect. We need to get real about that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Just a suggestion, but could we maybe wait to see the manuscript before condemning it? I mean, there's a big difference between “this book is going to be a pile of woke garbage” and “the company's track record doesn't inspire much confidence”.
                    Last edited by Dataweaver; 02-20-2021, 10:55 AM.


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Dwight View Post

                      Since apparently the mods will allow personal attacks to stand after the fact but admonish someone for questioning their decision allow me to clarify my statement.

                      Colonialism is bad, this is a no brainer.

                      However after seeing the mess M20 was (which I backed to the tune of $500 fyi) I have no faith in Opp or the writers it hires (looking at you Satyr) to handle the subject in a manner that won't distract from the overall setting or come with a rule set that makes any coherent sense.

                      When my tweed clad Hermetic leaves a smokey Limehouse eel shop I want to be able to lightning bolt a sudo-technocrat with out tripping over how my diamond cufflinks are from the Belgium Congo and I should feel bad for playing such a character.
                      You defended Green inferno you fucking piece of shit a horrid, horrid racket movie that was called out by indigenous activists all over the world. You are a terrible fucking racist that deserves to never go on the internet again exactly like Eli Roth with deserves to be blacklisted from anything involving cinema. instead of being friends with Jordan peeled.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I like Victorian stuff and I have high hopes that OPP will do something good with it.


                        “No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Please do not reply to Dwight or to Konradleijon as their ability to post has been removed, at least for the time being.


                          Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            One of my Mage campaigns was set in the Victorian Age. The three PCs were: Anglican Priest Prime specialist in the Celestial Chorus, Irish Euthanatos trained in India (because this was the late 1990s and we didn't have all those new books), an alchemist Sons of Ether (well, the Tradition didn't exist then, so the character was closer to Order of Hermes House Verditius as we understood it at the time) and a variety of other Traditions characters played by less regular players. I'd had the history classes in the field to have some idea of what I was doing but Onyx Path can certainly do more than I did for a campaign that lasted the better part of a year.

                            In the end, the campaign ended with the Technocracy beaten badly and Ireland moving towards independence. Oh, and the Euthanatos killed his mentor, who had turned barabbi.

                            Indiegogo isn't Kickstarter, but it is a major crowdfunding option. I backed a project many years ago and know some small RPG publishers prefer Indiegogo to Kickstarter. Since Kickstarter limits the campaigns running at one time and has other limitations, it's good to see if the Indiegogo channel can bring us more Mage (and if it works for Mage, other products in the World of Darkness game universe, too).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Your campaign sounds really cool. And I didn’t know that Indiegogo was such a big deal. Now I feel better about their decision to switch.


                              “No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I am very excited about Victorian Mage.

                                I love playing SteamPUNK.

                                Where we're lower class workers out to destroy the evil imperialists!

                                You know, what AC: Syndicate promised but copped out on.


                                Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X