No announcement yet.

On the Subject of Durable Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correspondence + Mind + Matter (or Forces) to work through a monkey throwing pottery made of volatile plastic explosives like on Gilligan's Island:

Comment

Originally posted by babi_gog View Post
      Time 2 (with Life) to not be where they would get injured. Time 3 for "Bullet Time". Throw in some Entropy, to again predict and play probability. Throw in some Correspondence to move self or the incoming things might help as well (though may need a Matter prerec), Force (though again may need a Matter prerec) to deflect the bullets might also be an option. Then there is Life 2 with heal self.

Not being there to be hit is a durability option in my view.
      Is bullet time coincedental? in other words does the whole world literally slow down or is it just how the time mage percives things?

Comment

Originally posted by AscentionTheMage View Post
        Is bullet time coincedental? in other words does the whole world literally slow down or is it just how the time mage percives things?
        The opposite - the Mage literally speeds up. In the perceptions of the Mage, yes, things around them slow down.
        And I think HDYDT rules that it is coincidental for around 2x speedup (i.e. two unsplit actions a turn). The Mage is simply 'Daaaaaamn good' at doing several things quickly at that point. Beyond is...definitely vulgar.
        If anything, because at that point it'd also become really noticable that absolutely everything they do is on fast-forwarrd, including the way they move when standing around.

Of course doing things like having a conversation while the effect is active would be hard either way. Imagine hearing people's voices 2x slowed down...and you have to *talk* like that from your perspective as well, unless you want to talk really really fast..
        Last edited by Ambrosia; 03-23-2021, 02:35 AM.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
        cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
        EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Thank Ambrosia thought that might be the solution, it's why I suggested adding the other spheres to help make it more coincedental due to moving self and the bullet out of each others way.

Comment

Working...
          X