Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So are Virtual Adepts automatically rich in the age of Bitcoin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So are Virtual Adepts automatically rich in the age of Bitcoin?

I mean, with their computers they can just pour out a fortune in Bitcoin. They could even switch to various altcoins like Cardano and Dogecoin whenever flooding the market causes one coin to crash.

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
    I mean, with their computers they can just pour out a fortune in Bitcoin. They could even switch to various altcoins like Cardano and Dogecoin whenever flooding the market causes one coin to crash.
    My general philosophy is no Mage has any reason to be poor except for the Syndicate showing up to murder you at the ATM potentially.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Not every Virtual Adept is going to want to get on the crypto bandwagon. And the VAs have always had relatively easy access to money if they want, and there's a risk as noted of being noticed for being rich.

Comment

Also, do consider the fact that there are VA's who are still using their ancient mainframe's from the 70s and curse these newfangled kids and their silly money, when you have calculated all the points of time and space and your punchcard programmed warehouse is finally working just right. VA's are much more than just the leetkids doing the current newness. There are bound to be hackers that still believe in hacking the Gibson and who don't move away from their CRT monitors and olschool mechanical keyboards. And with magic removing the limitations of your hardware, who's to stop you from being right?

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Mages can get money by some means or other if they want or need it. Many Mages would embrace poverty as an aid to spirituality. Not my point of view, but common among mystics. Many Mages live way far off the grid. A Hermetic and a Son of Ether (a charming pair of guys) living in one of the more rural areas of Northern California might produce everything they need. And it's all coincidental. A Cultist in the Oakland area uses their magic to find enough comics and collectables to finance their lifestyle. Because they dress down and rarely visit the same dealer more than twice a year if that it's all coincidental.

Comment

Working...
          X