Please help me construct an Etherite specific version of the Echoes flaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me construct an Etherite specific version of the Echoes flaw

I have a vague idea of how it should go. Like, level 1 might be that your hair always looks like you've been electrocuted no matter how much you comb it, and you smell of ozone or other chemicals no matter how often you bath. Past that, it's hard to come up with specific echoes that fit Society of Ether mages at the 3, 4, and 5 marks.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Burns on clothing, as well as mysterious stains.

Mad Scientists seem weirdly intense in old films either that or icy calm/ flat aspected. Perhaps the echoes flaw would make an Eitherite seem either maniacal or unemotional to an unnatural degree.

Comment

Storm brews whenever you're home
      UFO ligths in the sky follow you
      Psychic phenomena (stuff levitates, burns, etc)
      Sci-Fy sound effects, or perhaps organ sounds and manĂ­acal laughter, follow you arround
      Your body emits vapor, electricity, or whatever reaction it's appropiate for your Paradigm

Comment

When you get excited, a lightning bolt happens somewhere outside (but not under your control).
        When you encounter a new mystery, a theremin plays.
        You smell like the Ether (whatever that smells like).
        Last edited by Erinys; 03-16-2021, 11:20 AM.

She/Her. I am very literal-minded and write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
        My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
        Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Those all sound good. Now I just need to organize them into appropriate levels.

(1) A vague scent of ozone follows you around. Your hair tends to go wild within a few hours of you combing it.

(2) A strong scent of ozone and burning follows you around. Your hair tends to go wild within minutes of you combing it. People sometimes get a mild impression of you being crazy even if you are perfectly calm.

(3) A strong scent of ozone and burning follows you around. Your hair tends to go wild within minutes of you combing it. Most people think you crazy even if you are perfectly calm. Pitchforks and torches cause you to need to make a willpower roll to be around.

(4)A strong scent of ozone and burning follows you around. Your hair tends to go wild within minutes of you combing it. Most people think you crazy even if you are perfectly calm. Pitchforks and torches cause you to need to make a willpower roll to be around. People familiar with mad scientist fiction can find a red self destruct button on your devices even though you never installed such a button.

(5)A strong scent of ozone and burning follows you around. Your hair tends to go wild within minutes of you combing it. Most people think you crazy even if you are perfectly calm. Pitchforks and torches cause you to need to make a willpower roll to be around. People familiar with mad scientist fiction can find a red self destruct button on your devices even though you never installed such a button. Lightning crackles in the sky when you get excited. UFO lights in the sky follow you. Psychic phenomena, such as randomly levitating objects, happen around you. When you encounter a new mystery, or make a new discovery/invention, organ music or theremin music plays. Maniacal laughter follows you around.

Does that sound good?

Comment

I'd replace the pitchforks and torches with a compulsion to Monologue.

Comment

Monologuing always leads to death.

Comment

In retrospect, torches and pitchforks are probably too rare to be meaningful. Maybe replace it will, "you need a willpower to remain around angry crowds, even when they are unrelated to you like a union going on strike." That would severely limit someone from, say, helping that PETA protest that your Verbena friend is backing and wants your help supporting.

Comment

Working...
                X