On the subject of a Mage the Ascension JRPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of a Mage the Ascension JRPG

Recenlty I've been listening to Kikuo, his music and the cover art of his albums gives me a lot of Mage vibes as well as specifically Marauder vibes, his music is like the OST to a Marauder JRPG, which has inspired me to write up this page and ask: What would a Mage: the Ascension JRPG look like? Ponder this after you've read my notes on this subject

1st: in mage games there are 3-5 players. This hypothetical game should reflect this by having 4-5 party members. JRPGs like Delta Rune, Undertale, Parisite Eve, OMORI (I think), Lisa the joyfull, Hylics, Suits (I think), and other show you don't need an ensemble cast whose party members you have to switch out to make a JRPG.

2nd: Mages are glass cannons. all it takes is 1 well placed bullet or a few bullets in general to kill a mage. Party members should consist of the few mages who can take as much as they dish out such as Akashics, Hermetics/Etherites who can built Armor, Revenant Mages, Cyborg mages, Matrix mages who are modelled after NEO from the Matrix

3rd: This game should have an OV ala the persona games.

4th: This game should have an optional secret boss who is the hardest boss in the game. I nominate Vormas - harvester of souls

5th: The OST should be done by either Kikuo, Toby Fox, Shoji Meguro, Perdro Silva, or come combination of all these artist. I'm open to other suggestions

6th: the story should focus on a newly awakened mage and whoever they manage to recruit into their party. I envision orphans but I'm open to other suggestions. all that's neccesary for the story is for it to start off upbeat and for the story to slowly and by degrees get darker and for the stakes to get higher.

7th: as for an engine: I'd like the engine used in the persona games to make it feel like a JRPG, Failing that, I like the Unreal engine, alternativly, there a lot of good RPG maker games so having the RPG maker engine is not out of the question. I hear bad things about Unity so that engine should be avoided in my oppinion.

For some reason I want this song to be the music for the OV: https://open.spotify.com/track/7pKd9...Ql-Fs9MT_g9OLg

Also it would be ideal if a Mage artist did the character portraits. I personally love John Van Fleets work, although I'm not sure if he can do bright upbeat art. Shigenori Soejima is probably too busy with Persona 6 or another persona spin off so let's not bother him.
    Last edited by AscentionTheMage; 03-22-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah I would a Mage JRPG but the Ascension magic system would be hard to program and intergrate

Comment

Fate Stay Night already exists.....

Comment

Saving your game is a Time 4 ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            Yeah I would a Mage JRPG but the Ascension magic system would be hard to program and intergrate
            I wouldn't mind if the game took a few liberties.

Comment

I guess so. I would love a Persona 5 like JRPG about a bunch of !ages that fight symbolism in the Umbra and do normal teenage stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                I guess so. I would love a Persona 5 like JRPG about a bunch of !ages that fight symbolism in the Umbra and do normal teenage stuff
                So obstensivily Persona but in America.

I'd like yo see that.

Comment

Yes or any country. Like you have a life sim element in the “real” world and in the Umbra give all the characters different abilities to represent their paragrims.

Comment

Working...
                  X