• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coven (2020)

."Coven" is the best movie about magic I've ever watched:

Trailer:
    hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pURPWm3d3k

I dunno. Watching the trailer there might be personal bias involved, but my reaction is...

"...eeeh?"

Seems to me like a run-of-the-mill "evil group of cliche teen witches does bad stuff and needs to be stopped"?

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
    cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
    EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

If a movie is fun and inspirational for someone... Gets them pumped and excited to run their game, great!

I have posted things here or in other forums that got me pumped, and no one else was interested.

This trailer looks like a modern, horror version of The Craft from 1996. Which at the time I thought was super cool.

Comment

The best movie I've seen about magic that also had a strong Mage vibe was "Doctor Sleep". A Euthanatos versus Avatar-eating liches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tytalus View Post
          If a movie is fun and inspirational for someone... Gets them pumped and excited to run their game, great!
          Oh, definitely! I'm not dumping on Corey or anything. It's just my personal taste.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
          cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
          EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

My personal favorite magic-related Mage movie is Clive Barker's Lord of Illusions.

Also The Craft, The Prestige, and The Gift.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

So... no one will bring up Doctor Strange?

For me the best mage film was The Ritual, its all about a mage and a sleeper trying to summon forth an astral being from the high umbra using high rituals, however it backfires astoundingly, summoning demons instead (with desing quite curious, more human than lizard-like with horns)

Comment

Oh and I forgot, take a good look at Salem, this show is really good at portraying infernalist verbenas

Comment

Working...
                X