• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambrosia
    started a topic Rich Bastard's Guide to magick preorder up on DTRPG

Rich Bastard's Guide to magick preorder up on DTRPG

Weird!
    I was just browsing DTRPG, and I noticed that an actual pre-order for the Rich Bastard's guide is up:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...agick-PreOrder

• baakyocalder
    replied
    With digital publishing and the fact Onyx Path has offered PDF and POD options for years, I'd just say that it's a prudent move to gauge interest in the work and find the best way to deliver it to Mage fans.. Even POD requires some effort to set up, as the book has to look decent in POD even if there's not going to be an inventory problem like regular bound books And e-publishing requires formatting and being uploaded on a server.

I preordered, because I'm confident the book will come out within a reasonable period of time in a digital format or something printed. And digital is fine for my needs.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Yeah even the MMN's explanation of "because why not?" isn't...the most reassuring of sentiments.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    I wonder what the contents will be. The preview doesn't really reveal anything.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOtter
    replied
    I pre-ordered since I'm going to buy the book no matter what, but I guess I don't understand the purpose of pre-ordering this. It's not like they need to gauge what demand will be in order to work out the logistics of a supply chain, talk to printers, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Emphasis: pre-order. At this point, all it gives you is a mock-up of the cover. Once the book is actually ready for its test drive release, the purchase will be automatically updated to provide the PDF; and things will go normally from there.

But make no mistake: don't buy it expecting the manuscript to be available right now.

Leave a comment:

• Ambrosia
    replied
    P.s. random interesting note, it seems the cover depicts the Order of Hermes Splat character from M20 core.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X