• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argonot
    started a topic Order of Hermes: how much info on the Technocracy

Order of Hermes: how much info on the Technocracy

Hi.

One of my players went to a hermetic college (a horizon chantry) where, I assume, she learnt some stuff about the enemy.

How much info do you think a hermetic can learn about the technos in such a place?

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
    Everything is a bit too much.

But also only if we're talking big secrets or very recent developments.
    I mean I imagine there's a Library containing all Secrets in the Multiverse that can be accessed via Spirit Sphere but you must first beat the Incarnae of Knowledge in a game of chess and learn the True Name of the Unnamed Wizard Who Walks the Road. When you arrive you can only take one file and that's if you can distract the Dog of 50 Faces.

But yes, pretty much.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-09-2021, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• monteparnas
    replied
    Everything is a bit too much.

But also only if we're talking big secrets or very recent developments.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    I mean there's undoubtedly whole books on the subject that list Conventions, Methodologies, and styles of magic. The Order of Hermes knows everything. You just have to know where to look.

Leave a comment:

• monteparnas
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post
    I'd say they are tied for second with the Society of Ether. The Virtual Adepts would be the faction with the most knowledge.
    Correcting myself, you're absolutely right. It was almost midnight here and I've totally forgot the Technomancers.

But yes, all in all they would have a very thorough record and teachers for it at the college chantries in the Horizon. They're also the Tradition that works more in exchanging with the others, so knowledge gathered by any of them is likely to end up at the college. It isn't small the chance for it to have an in-house Etherite expert on the matter, and a Virtual Adept contact for this sort of knowledge is a given.

At the very minimum, if this student paid attention, they'll leave knowing all the Conventions by name and main Sphere of its most iconic Methodology.

Leave a comment:

• Ramnesis
    replied
    I'd say they are tied for second with the Society of Ether. The Virtual Adepts would be the faction with the most knowledge.

Of course all three have their specialties. The OoH will likely have the most accurate records of the early Order of Reason, the SoE of the Victorian Technocracy, and the VAs of the near modern Technocracy. There's enough sharing between Traditions, though, to justify any member finding a more or less complete history.

Leave a comment:

• monteparnas
    replied
    All the basics. They're the most likely Tradition to have the entire history of the Order of Reason and its mutation into the Technocracy recorded and spread in their Colleges. I'd say whatever you want to tell her is fair play, and she probably can acquire Culture (Technocracy) or similar skills up to 3 dots. It will depend more on the time that will be dedicated to the subject than any constraints on what the college can teach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X